Saturday, February 6, 2016

Favorite Movies to Watch on Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is upon us. One way to spend it alone, with a date, or with some friends is watching movies! So I'm here to list a few of my favorite love and relationship movies to watch - mostly romantic comedies.


Favorite Movies to Watch on Valentine's Day | Four movies you need to watch this Valentine's from Courtney's Little Things



Ever After 

THE best adaptation of Cinderella. I love that it's set in that time period, the costumes, Danielle and Henry's relationship, and Danielle's strength and fire.


500 Days of Summer 

To me, this movie is about all those weird kinda, not-really relationships some of us have. I love Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Zooey Deschanel, the soundtrack, and the random way the story is told.


My Big Fat Greek Wedding 

I love Toula. I love Toula's family. I love that Toula makes changes for herself so she can have the life she wants. I also love how supportive Ian is. Basically, it's my favorite romantic comedy.


When Harry Met Sally

First of all, this is a classic romantic comedy and if you haven't seen it, you must. Secondly, Meg Ryan (queen of the 90s romantic-comedy) and Billy Crystal (hilarious comedian). 


What are your favorite movies to watch around Valentine's Day?

16 comments:

  1. Lovely post I like the films you have picked. ‘My Big Fat Greek Wedding’ is a personal fav of mine and I saw ‘(500) Days of Summer’ at the pictures. I have never watched ‘When Harry Met Sally’, surprisingly as it’s a classic, so I may have to get it on DVD sometime. A few of my recommendations include ‘The Ugly Truth’, ‘He’s Just Not That into You’ and ‘P.S I Love You’. Great blog by the way!! :-) xx

    Helen | Helens Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love He's Just Not That into You and PS I Love You! Those are both great movies. PS I Love You gives me all the feels!

      Delete
  2. I love 500 days of summer! And I haven't seen when Harry met Sally- I feel like now I need to!

    moremindfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely do! It's so funny and I love their relationship in the movie. It covers just about every type of relationship haha.

      Delete
  3. I have seen (and LOVE) all of these except for When Harry Met Sally, so maybe I'll add that one to my list this year! Another classic Rom Com that I love is Overboard. Seriously so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen Overboard! I'll have to give it a watch sometime

      Delete
  4. I love My Big Fat Greek Wedding- purely because I am Greek but it is really funny :)

    http://georgianicolaou.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The family reminds me of mine. My dad's side of the family has lots of Sr.s and Jr.s and when we have family holidays there are a TON of people!

      Delete
  5. I loved this post! 500 days of summer is such a amazing film! I love the soundtrack and the ikea scene! Xx

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I still listen to songs from the soundtrack.

      Delete
  6. I love Ever After :) It's such a great movie! The dress that Danielle wears to the ball is absolutely gorgeous!

    www.raiin-monkey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danielle is basically my hero. There's so much sparkle to that dress and I love the wings, too!

      Delete
  7. Oh I love Ever After! One of my favorites and it's on Netflix now too! When Harry Met Sally is also a great one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I've gone from a VHS of Ever After, to a DVD, and apparently now I'm on to Netflix haha. Changing with the times!

      Delete
  8. Omg... so loved Ever After. Though was always wondering why no one had a French accent. Wasn't it suppose to be in France? Ah well, still was a beautiful movie and totally loved the OTHER sister. She only went there for the food. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's supposed to be in France, but it's Hollywood. It would really be more authentic if it was in French with subtitles, but hey, it's still a good movie. And YES! I love the other sister, Jaqueline! She's the only nice one in that step-family.

      Delete