Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Why Your Blog is Awesome

I opened up my Pinterest and it seemed like every post on my home feed was about how to be a better blogger. "Why no one is reading your blog" is one that really made me worry. Like geesh, maybe no one is reading my blog but does that mean I have to change everything and come up with a strategic, detailed plan to get thousands of people to read it?

Now I'm not knocking blogging advice posts, I've written a few myself and I like reading other's blogging tips, too. I'm just saying that sometimes it can all get a bit overwhelming. When that happens I have to remind myself why I started. It wasn't to check my stats at every hour or sit around all day on my computer. Instead I started it as a way to make me a little happier and focus on the positives so I would have something to write about and share here. I started my blog as a way to be creative and have an outlet for my love of writing and photographing. And as I got going I loved my blog because I loved getting to meet people and get to know them through comments, twitter chats, and following them on social media. Basically, I blog because I love it.



Why Your Blog is Awesome | 5 reasons why your blog is awesome, just the way it is! from Courtney's Little Things


In case you're feeling down about your blog or overwhelmed by all the blogging advice out there, here are a few reasons why your blog is awesome.
  1. It's yours. It's your space on the internet to talk about anything you want to.
  2. It's brave. If you think about it, blogging is pretty brave. It's saying "Hey, I'm willing to write these posts, put my heart and soul into it, and put it out there on the internet for all to read." 
  3. It's helping you grow and learn. When I look back at old posts, I can see how much I've changed, grown, and improved through blogging. My writing and photograph has improved, but I think I have, too. It's made me more confident, brave, and happy.
  4. It's something that makes you happy. Having a blog makes you happy because it combines so many different things you love. You probably love writing and/or photography, you love whatever you're blogging about, you love the little space and community you've made on the internet and all of that makes you happy - and it should!
  5. It makes your proud of yourself. Every time I hit publish, I feel so proud of myself. I came up with an idea, wrote the post, took some photos for it, edited the photos, edited the writing, formatted it, scanned over it a hundred times and made a  thousand little changes. I put all of that work into it and that makes me pretty darn proud of myself!


Feeling better and a lot more positive about your blog? Good! 

What do you love about blogging? What makes your blog awesome?




Twitter     Instagram     Bloglovin     Pinterest

16 comments:

  1. Aww this is such a lovely post and I totally agree with you! :) Sure, blogging advice posts can be extremely helpful but sometimes they can make you feel like you're doing everything wrong and you should change everything about your blog but that's so not true. Your blog doesn't have to look a certain way and there are no rules telling you what you have to write about. The most important thing is that you love writing your posts, that you're proud of them and that you are happy with your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree. There's really no wrong way to blog. As long as you enjoy it and have fun with it, blogging can be however or whatever you want it to be!

      Delete
  2. Great blogpost! I couldn't agree more with everything you said. I have been struggling with this whole factor recently as its a little disheartening to put lots of effort into posts and feel like your missing something when nobody reads it.

    Thanks for this post! It has inspired me to write more about things I love!

    Francesca xx
    http://bellamomento.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that feeling. It's so frustrating when you put so much effort into posts and it's not reaching people, but your outfits are super cute on your blog so I'm sure if you stick to it more people will be reading in no time!

      Delete
  3. Great post! I think it's great to read others Tips and advice but vitality important not to forget your roots where you came from!!! X

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I love reading tips and advice, but it's important to not get obsessed with it because it takes the fun out of (what for me at least is) a hobby.

      Delete
  4. I just hate it when I open up Pinterest only to enter a world where "my blog will never be perfect" and never return! I used to worry about SEO and visitors and stuff in the beginning, but now all I do is write and pin and share without worrying too much about why people aren't reading. I just do it to have fun, and it's a bonus if others read it. And then on the weekends I check my views, but no matter how high or low, it doesn't really affect me. I just do what it do. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great philosophy. If you're worried about having the perfect blog, pageviews, and all that it makes blogging a chore. It's better to just do what you like and are interested in, and if other people like it - great!

      Delete
  5. This post is so lovely! It can get really overwhelming, but it's important to remember why people have started their blogs!

    E x
    elleanorwears.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Remember why you started, have fun, and don't worry about having the perfect blog. Thanks for reading and sharing this post on Twitter!

      Delete
  6. This is such a sweet post! I definitely agree that it's all too easy for blogging to become about what happens after you hit publish, and not all the personal processes which go on before. I'm sure this post will help remind people what they really do this for and everything they get out of it :)
    Hope life is sunny where you are!
    Lx
    http://lucyeyf.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life is pretty sunny right now! I'm glad this post brightened up your day a bit :)

      Delete
  7. Starting this year, I'm really loving my blog because I'm able to talk about things that are on my mind. It's really becoming a true outlet for me now whereas before, I just talked about products mostly..

    Arianne | Ayre

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one of the great things about allowing your blog to evolve - it changes with you. I'm glad your blog is becoming a great outlet for you!

      Delete
  8. This is such a wonderful post! I'm trying to get over my fear of people I know from real life stumbling over my blog, because I'm afraid what they would think of it. But I need to remember why I blog - and it's not for them. Much like you, it's my creative outlet, my little positive space of the internet xx
    - Anne | annesmiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having that space for creativity and positivity is the best part of blogging! When I've told/showed people my blog I've gotten positive reactions or they're just like okay, that's cool. It's so scary sharing it with people you know in real life, but it's not as big of a deal as we usually make it out to be!

      Delete