Monday, January 18, 2016

Weekend Wrap Up No. 26

I made it through the first week of classes! If you read last weekend's wrap up, you'll know I was not to keen on starting up a new semester. I was sad to see my free time and stress free days of break go, but the good news is I enjoyed the first week back at university. All but one of my classes are education courses, which is quite exciting as I prepare to student teach in the Fall. I don't have any history courses this semester which means I'm not getting to learn one of my favorite subjects, but it also means I have way less reading and writing to do this semester which I am very excited about. I also have the same students in a lot of my classes which means I've gotten to know them a bit this week and I'm feeling pretty good about meeting some new people this semester. All in all, it's a good start to the semester!

Weekend Wrap Up No. 26 | from Courtney's Little Things


Friday I started my weekend by watching the series premiere of Colony online. I've actually been pretty psyched to watch this show since it's created by Carlton Cuse and stars Josh Holloway - both from one of my favorite shows, Lost. I was very pleased with the first episode and it looks like this is going to be a series I actually follow (which is rare for me). After that I watched a documentary on Netflix and enjoyed a very nice nap.

In the evening I called my mom for a bit, made some pasta (my favorite) and finally got to read some blog posts! While I've enjoyed getting back to school (for the most part), it's definitely cut back on the amount of time I have to keep up with everyone's posts.

Saturday I slept in and then made a quick trip to Michael's and Target. I picked up a few new crafty items at Michael's and a birthday present for my brother who will be turning 17 next weekend. In the afternoon I journaled, read through my blog comments from the week which made me oh-so-happy (you guys are seriously the best), and ordered a pizza in the evening, because what is a weekend without ordering pizza.

Sunday I started my day by watching Super Soul Sunday, which is one of my favorite things to do on Sunday but I have to be careful because I get sucked in and end up watching it all morning. Which is what happened. I watched 3 episodes the first one being Gloria Steinem which had me super interested. I had to add her book, My Life on the Road to my list of books to read. On the commercials I read I Am Malala and then who would be on the next episode but Malala and her father. Needless to say, I was fangirling and kept thinking how inspiring she is. I love how passionately she fights for education for all people. She's so eloquent when describing the importance of education which is one of the reasons I want to be a teacher. 

In the afternoon I wrote a few blog posts and then worked on my photo album for 2015. I've got one photo album filled and I'm into the second one.

Here are some photos from the weekend:

Weekend Wrap Up No. 26 | from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 26 | from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 26 | from Courtney's Little Things
She always says, "I have four brothers, and if I do even the slightest thing wrong they can stop me going to school."
Weekend Wrap Up No. 26 | from Courtney's Little Things


How did you spend your weekend? Do you look up to either of the women I mentioned on Sunday? 


6 comments:

  1. I love the Super Soul Sunday but because I live in the UK I watch them on youtube!

    moremindfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're definitely worth tracking down on youtube. They're a great source of inspiration for a new week!

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of Super Soul Sunday - I guess it's not a UK thing! - but having seen this I'll definitely need to check it out. It sounds like you had a really chilled weekend and I'm glad your first week back went well! Mine was pretty similar - I'm feeling positive about it now, but the challenge is keeping that positive mindset throughout the semester. Fingers crossed we both manage it! :)
    Lx
    http://lucyeyf.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of those quaint American things haha. You can find them on youtube apparently so you just have to search!

      Staying positive throughout the semester is the hardest part. It's so easy to feel like you're drowning in school work after the first few weeks. I have my fingers crossed for us, too!

      Delete
  3. I've been wanting to read I Am Malala for the longest time! I need to get on that as soon as possible!

    Amelie xo
    http://awanderersadventures.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really do! It's so interesting to read about her and her family, Pakistan, and the various tribes and governments fighting for power and how that affects people. Despite being about pretty heavy subject matter, it's easy to read and primarily about her and her family and how they work towards improving education for people in their area. I'm only a few chapters in, but it's definitely worth buying and the time to read!

      Delete