Monday, January 4, 2016

Weekend Wrap Up No. 24

This week has been a really relaxed week at home. After all the Christmases last week, a chill week at home with my family is just what I needed. Monday was great as I got sucked into an all day Teen Mom marathon. I seriously love that show and can't wait for the new season - it starts tonight! Other exciting news from the week includes going to the gym twice which is great considering I hadn't been to the gym in well over a month (whoops!).


Weekend Wrap Up No. 24 | Courtney's Little Things



Since Thursday was New Year's Eve, we'll start our weekend wrap up on that day. My family celebrated the last day of 2015 by going to Omaha to visit the Henry Doorly Zoo. I took a ton of photos and I'll have a post all about it next week. If you haven't been there, it really is a great zoo and has so many habitats like the Jungle, Dessert, and the best Aquarium. The best part is those are all indoors, so you can still enjoy the zoo in winter. When we got back home we had a little New Year's Eve "party" that I organized. I picked up a few things from Walmart to celebrate like hats, noise makers, and glow stick  bracelets. We played games and I have to say the best was Disney Trivia. We made it to 11:00 pm our time when the ball dropped in New York City and then we called it a night.

Friday I started the new year by sleeping in and then enjoying a relaxed day at home. We had a little crafternoon and painted some canvases for Valentine's Day. My mom wanted each of us kids to paint a canvas with hearts for her to decorate with next month. They turned out pretty cute if I say so myself and of course I'm always up for a little painting!

Saturday my Grandma came out to have tacos with us for lunch. My mom went all out and we had pretty good tacos if I do say so myself. It was really nice seeing my grandma and she finally got to meet Burt, my pet turtle. In the afternoon I got a phone call from one of my good friends and we chatted for a good hour on the phone. It really brightened up my day to get a call from her!

Sunday was my sister's last winter formal dance as a high school student and I drove her nuts wanting to take photos. She looked so pretty and grown up!

Here's some photos from the weekend:


Weekend Wrap Up No. 24 | Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 24 | Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 24 | Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 24 | Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 24 | Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 24 | Courtney's Little Things



I think 2015 ended pretty well and 2016 is off to a great start! 


How did you spend New Year's? Is your year starting off well? Tell me how you spent your weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment