Thursday, January 28, 2016

Valentine's Day DIY Art Prints

February starts next week which means it's time to dig out all things hearts for Valentine's Day! I decided to make a few watercolor and gold art prints to decorate this year. They're so simple but so cute and I'll tell you just how I made them!


Valentine's Day DIY Art Prints | Watercolor and gold DIY art prints for you to make for Valentine's Day


All you need to make them is...
- Watercolor paper
- Watercolor paints
- A paintbrush
- Water
- Gold paint pen

For both prints I used 3 or 4 tones of pink and red to paint a few rows of hearts. I just did it free hand, but you could always draw them out first with a pencil.

For one I just painted 2 light pink hearts and then outlined those hearts with the gold paint pen.


Valentine's Day DIY Art Prints | Watercolor and gold DIY art prints for you to make for Valentine's Day


For the second one I waited until the watercolor dried and then wrote X's and O's inside the hearts with the gold paint pen.


Valentine's Day DIY Art Prints | Watercolor and gold DIY art prints for you to make for Valentine's Day

The X's and O's print is my favorite. I just think it's so pretty and for some reason I am all about the XOXO this Valentine's. Anything I see with those letters is mine!

When the paint had dried, I put each in a frame. I just used a black frame, but I imagine they would look great in a gold frame!

Valentine's Day DIY Art Prints | Watercolor and gold DIY art prints for you to make for Valentine's Day


How pretty is that finished product? The best part is this whole project took less than an hour. Watercolors and paint pens dry quickly and have about no clean up so it makes for a great little evening art project.

Do you like to use watercolors? Are you planning on making any decorations for Valentine's Day?




6 comments:

  1. Something handmade at any holiday time (Valentine's Day especially: from the heart is what it's all about!) is so important and this little simple work of art is so wonderful. Definitely do-able for any one out there.

    Saoirse Sterling at XLeptodactylous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I always love handmade items for each holiday!

      Delete
  2. This is such a good idea ! I love it :)
    So nice that you can personalise them.
    Alex ox
    http://champagneandlemonadeox.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always love little projects that you can adjust to fit your style!

      Delete
  3. Oh my this looks sooo cute! Really pretty! Definitely something I'd see on Pinterest.
    I have a Valentine's day post on my blog too, if you're interested :D

    x
    http://shopaholicoverhere.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pinterest-worthy is what I aim for! Thank you :)

      Delete