Thursday, January 21, 2016

Journaling Ideas

Last year I started journaling again and loved it. I just wrote little tidbits about my day in an extra planner to keep track of the days and what happened. It was really good for getting back into journaling after stopping for a few years.

This year though, I want to try writing "proper" journal entries each week along with just recording tidbits about my day. I couldn't find any prompts I really cared for online, so I decided to make my own to help me out if I don't have any inspiration! I figured some of you may also want to start journaling this year, or maybe you want to use these as prompts for a blog post. Either way, here are a few different ideas to help you out!


Journaling Ideas | 12+ prompts to help you start your journal from Courtney's Little Things


  1.  What are the most important things/people/places in your life right now?
  2. What were the highlights of the week?
  3. What was the hardest part of this week? Could you make it easier in the future? How?
  4. How did you spend your free time? Was it fulfilling? What could you do that would be fulfilling?
  5. What emotion did you feel the most this week? Why?
  6. What were you awesome at this week? What do you want to be awesome at next week?
  7. What would you like to have more of in your life?
  8. List a few things on your bucket list for the weekend/month/season/year.
  9. What did you do for your health this week? How could you improve your health?
  10. How and who did you spend time with this week? What will you do next week and with who?
  11. What are your goals for next week?
  12. List your accomplishments from this week? Celebrate them!
  13. What did you do to make yourself happy this week? What do you want to do next week?
  14. What's a new challenge you'd like to start? Why do you want to do it?
  15. List a few of your favorite positive/inspiring quotes. 

I hope these ideas help you to write more whether it be in a personal journal or a public blog post. I love writing, especially now that I've gained more confidence in my writing abilities after a year of blogging!


Do you journal or want to start? Are you going to use these prompts to help you write? If you have any other journaling ideas, please share them in the comments!




8 comments:

  1. I love this! I love writing my diary but I'm not disciplined enough with it so I don't do it often enough. I'll have to try and do some of these in the next few days! Good luck with your journaling :)
    Lx
    http://lucyeyf.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! So far I've been able to write in it at least once a week, which is what I wanted to do. I know I'm not disciplined enough to do it everyday! I hope these ideas help you and keep you journaling :)

      Delete
  2. I love journaling. I'll write in mine for a few weeks, let it sit, and then pick it back up. I find it so relaxing and helps me sort my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being able to sort your thoughts is one of the best parts. I love writing in my journal and then feeling better or having a moment of clarity.

      Delete
  3. These are lovely ideas! I don't have time to journal but I recently brought a new notebook for blog ideas I can't wait to start using it x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/5-seo-tips-for-complete-beginners.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes blogging can act as a journal! I just like having a private space just for me to write and read.

      Delete
  4. This is amazing! I just started journaling, so I'm still getting used to it & I never really know what to write about. I'm sure your ideas will help though! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's so awkward when you start, especially if you feel like it was just a boring day. These ideas work though and have helped me to write most every week! Let me know how your journaling goes :)

      Delete