Saturday, January 9, 2016

How to Start the Semester Off Right

I've had a lovely winter break, but classes start up again on Monday! I'm not going to lie, I'm a little sad to see the break go. I know a good semester lies ahead though and I have a few things I like doing before the start of a new semester. Here are a few ways to help you start the semester off right!


How to Start the Semester Off Right | 5 tips to help you start the semester off right from Courtney's Little Things


Switch up your room.

This may seem a weird way to start off a back to school list, but this is always the first thing I do when I come back to school. I like to re-arrange my decorations and furniture to give the room a new look for the new semester. It also helps me to organize a bit and straighten up. After doing a few changes, it feels like a new place and helps me to get rid of the stress from last semester.


Make a schedule.

I always have a schedule with all my class times on it. These are great to hang on your door or fridge so you and your roommate know when you'll be out. If you want to really be organized this semester, complete your schedule with study hours and work out times. I like having that on a schedule so I can visualize what my days might look like and it helps me to balance everything I have going on.


Clean out your backpack.

Check all the pockets for any trash and get rid of or file any papers from last semester that you don't need to carry around. I also like to check that I have lead in my pencils and ink in my pens and I have plenty of paper in my notebooks. This way, I have time to run to the store if I need any extra supplies.


Look at your syllabi.

If you're professors email or put your syllabus online, take some time to look it over before class. I like to mark the important stuff like contact and office hours for the professor, what they test over, how many exams/papers/projects there will be, and any other important tidbits they might have. It's also a good idea to add the big due dates to your calendar. Then you'll have a clear idea of when all your exams/papers/projects are coming up and you can work on them ahead of time.


Meet up with friends.

Of course, the best part of college are the people you can't imagine life without. Make sure to take some time out to get together with friends at the start of the semester. Have a movie night and order pizza or go out for a couple drinks. After all, a new semester is more than just books and classes!


There you have 5 things I like to do before the start of a new semester. Do you have anything you like to do to start the semester off on the right foot?




5 comments:

  1. Great ideas :-)

    moremindfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cleaning out your backpack is a great tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of those things that's easy to forget, but it makes a huge difference!

      Delete
  3. Such great tips as always!!! I need to do a bag clean out but last time I did this I found an old chocolate bar, wasn't a pretty sight :( XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. There are a few scary things that pop up when you clean out your bag!

      Delete