Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Blog Notebook Tour

Lots of people talk about keeping a little notebook for your blog to write down post ideas and record stats, but they don't always show you what that looks like. So today I'm giving you a peek into what sort of things I keep in my blog notebook and how I use it to keep my blog in tip-top shape.


Blog Notebook Tour | How I use my blog notebook and what I keep in it. from Courtney's Little Things


I use a regular, medium sized notebook I've had around for awhile.  I keep it in a folder with a few other things I use to keep my blog organized.

The first few pages of my blogging notebook include some useful tips and tricks I've learned/read along the way. I have a page with tips on how to write a DIY post, general blogging tips, and photography tips.

I also have a page with some fill-in-the-blank post titles I copied off an infographic I found on Pinterest. 


Blog Notebook Tour | How I use my blog notebook and what I keep in it. from Courtney's Little Things
Blog Notebook Tour | How I use my blog notebook and what I keep in it. from Courtney's Little Things


Next I have a Blog Stats page I made. I record my stats each month. I write the date and record the monthly pageviews for my blog, number of followers on my social media profiles, and the most and least popular posts from the month (according to pageviews). 

For me this is a nice page to have since I can see how my blog has grown each month as well as what you guys like to read.


Blog Notebook Tour | How I use my blog notebook and what I keep in it. from Courtney's Little Things


I have a page with photo prop ideas that I add to when I get some new ideas and I recently went through and added in some items I've been using recently in my photos.


Blog Notebook Tour | How I use my blog notebook and what I keep in it. from Courtney's Little Things


Of course, I also keep a page of blog post ideas. I wrote a new list of post ideas for this year and am marking them off as I write them. I have the post ideas color coded (I'm telling you, organization is my thing). Blue is blogging post topics, green is how tos, yellow is school/college, and purple are general lifestyle post ideas.


Blog Notebook Tour | How I use my blog notebook and what I keep in it. from Courtney's Little Things


A new addition to my blogging notebook this year is a page with my blogging goals. I didn't have any blogging goals last year since I had just started my blog and just wanted to see what would happen. This year I decided to make a few goals with blogging to keep me going and to help me see how far I've come in a year.

I'm pretty excited to look back at this page in a few months and see how much progress I've made and to see if I meet (or exceed!) them at the end of the year.


Blog Notebook Tour | How I use my blog notebook and what I keep in it. from Courtney's Little Things


Each month I make a little page to track what I post that month, total pageviews, and my most popular posts. Recording what I post each month helps me to not repeat post ideas all the time and helps me to diversify what I post. 

I record the total, all-time pageviews each week because - truth be told - I feel like I need to know how many pageviews I got this week compared to last. If you're curious, I get about 1,000+ pageviews each week. 

At the end of the month I write the most popular posts in order from most pageviews to least so I can see what you all liked that month and maybe use those as starting points for post ideas for the next month.


Blog Notebook Tour | How I use my blog notebook and what I keep in it. from Courtney's Little Things
Blog Notebook Tour | How I use my blog notebook and what I keep in it. from Courtney's Little Things
Blog Notebook Tour | How I use my blog notebook and what I keep in it. from Courtney's Little Things
Yes,  I was so excited for the new year that last month I decided it was already 2016.


So that is all the stuff I keep in my blogging notebook - tips and tricks, blog stats, photo prop ideas, blog post ideas, goals, and a monthly page.



Do you keep a blogging notebook? What do you keep in your blog notebook?

12 comments:

  1. This was so great and I found it really interesting to read! :-) Are you a full-time blogger?

    moremindfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I just blog for fun, but it's something I really enjoy so I take it pretty seriously. I also am pretty organized in most areas of my life, so I can't help but be organized with blogging, too.

      Delete
  2. I don't keep a blogging notebook, but having read this post I feel like I might just have to start...! Thanks so much for the inspiration and ideas. I hope life is sunny where you are!
    Lx
    www.lucyeyf.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And a blogging notebook can just be lists of all your blog post ideas or filed with even more than I have in mine! It's all up to you. I'm glad this gave you some inspiration!

      Delete
  3. You're really organised! I make notes on my iPad which I nearly always have with me and I write colour codes etc in my notebook that stays on my desk. Two days ago I installed Google Analytics so I think I might start writing these down to as its a good idea, ad you say you can work out which post was ,ore popular :)

    Ami x
    www.cranberryandapricot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love color coding. It's so handy and adds a splash of color to anything. Again, part of my obsession with organization.

      Delete
  4. Wow! Super organised :) I keep blog ideas on my phone and plan in my planner which blog posts are going to go up when. But your organisation takes it to a whole new level! Impressed!

    E x
    elleanorwears.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have an affinity for stationary, list making, and organization. So this just evolved over the year that I've been blogging haha

      Delete
  5. I love posts like this, I try to be incredibly detailed and organized when it comes to almost everything, because I'm quick to zone out and forget what my plan was. I just found your blog through twitter and I'm going to check it, but if you haven't done a post like this yet I'd love to see a photography tips/staging post. One of my worst things when I use to post to instagram and in my old blog posts was making the photos look alive. Everyone teaches you about lighting and editing, but I can hardly find posts about photo staging. If you already have a post like that, I'll find it as I browse your blog, but if not that would be amazing! Great post and have a great week! ♥

    x Ally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got a "how I take blog photos" post coming up this week!! It talks a bit about staging, but I've found it's mostly just set up things in one arrangement, take a photo, rearrange, take another photo, repeat process.

      Delete
  6. Loved this post it's so interesting, I've only just started out but I feel like I need to get myself a blogging notebook! Loving the coloured pens aswell :)
    Jenna x
    caylessblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colored pens just make life happier, don't they? And you should totally get yourself a blogging notebook. It really helps to keep you organized and lets you jot things down when you're not at your computer as well.

      Delete