Thursday, January 14, 2016

A Trip to the Zoo

My family decided to spend a day at the Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha. If you haven't been there, it's a huge zoo with an amazing aquarium, desert, and jungle habitats. These are all indoors and really elaborate - not just animals in cages. They also have a beautiful butterfly pavilion, an orangutan and gorilla building, and habitats for nocturnal animals. Basically, it's huge and those are just the indoor areas open year round.

We started our trip in the jungle habitat. It's so beautiful to walk through with all the waterfalls, trees, and green. There's so many cool animals - like my favorite the monkeys.


A Trip to the Zoo | A trip to the Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha, Nebraska from Courtney's Little Things


Next we headed to the aquarium. First you get to see all the cute and adorable penguins! I don't know about you, but I just find them to be the cutest animals! And I love watching them swim all around the tank. They're so perfect!


A Trip to the Zoo | A trip to the Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha, Nebraska from Courtney's Little Things


There's tons of fish and sea turtles, but I didn't get many good photos of them. I did get some great photos of the jellyfish though. Jellyfish are really so magical and entrancing to watch. Of course, the first thing I think of is Finding Nemo and hoping from one jellyfish to the next.


A Trip to the Zoo | A trip to the Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha, Nebraska from Courtney's Little Things
A Trip to the Zoo | A trip to the Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha, Nebraska from Courtney's Little Things
A Trip to the Zoo | A trip to the Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha, Nebraska from Courtney's Little Things
A Trip to the Zoo | A trip to the Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha, Nebraska from Courtney's Little Things
A Trip to the Zoo | A trip to the Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha, Nebraska from Courtney's Little Things
A Trip to the Zoo | A trip to the Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha, Nebraska from Courtney's Little Things

I developed an obsession for sting rays while I was there. They're so cute!

After that we visited the butterfly pavilion next door. I've loved butterflies ever since I was little and I still think walking through the butterfly exhibit. There's so many brightly colored and beautifully designed patterns on all the butterflies. Once you exit the garden you walk through with butterflies floating around, there's butterflies/caterpillars still in their cocoons and just emerging. I pretty much just revert back to my 7 year old self in this exhibit.


A Trip to the Zoo | A trip to the Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha, Nebraska from Courtney's Little Things
A Trip to the Zoo | A trip to the Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha, Nebraska from Courtney's Little Things
A Trip to the Zoo | A trip to the Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha, Nebraska from Courtney's Little Things


We also walked through the orangutan and gorilla exhibits before heading to the desert dome. I'm not gonna lie, in the desert habitat I was most impressed with all the cactus everywhere and in true blogger fashion I took a bunch of photos of all the cactus.


A Trip to the Zoo | A trip to the Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha, Nebraska from Courtney's Little Things
A Trip to the Zoo | A trip to the Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha, Nebraska from Courtney's Little Things
A Trip to the Zoo | A trip to the Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha, Nebraska from Courtney's Little Things
A Trip to the Zoo | A trip to the Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha, Nebraska from Courtney's Little Things


Do you love going to the zoo? Have you ever been to the Henry Doorly Zoo?

Related Post: Homestead Trip




8 comments:

  1. Wow that's one hell of a zoo!! Going to the zoo is something I've always enjoyed, especially when there are penguins!!! I've never seen seahorses in real life! They look so cute!

    Melanie | Blog: Toots + Dill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Penguins are just so adorable! I wish I had gotten more/better photos of them. I don't think I had seen sea horses before, but they are so cute and tiny!

      Delete
  2. Great post & gorgeous photographs :)

    www.raiinn-monkey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow the photos of the jelly fish and butterflies are beautiful!! Fantastic post x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are my favorite photos, too. The jellyfish are just so cool the way they float in the water. And they're so brightly colored.

      Delete
  4. THESE PICTURES GIVE ME LIFE. I love Jellyfish and Octopus so much! They are so pretty but I agree with sting rays they are gorgeous <3

    Also butterflies! I want to go to a butterfly enclosure sometime and just have them fly around me!

    x Rai | utterardour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to experience a butterfly enclosure! It really is so magical, especially if you're lucky enough to have a butterfly land on you.

      Delete