Monday, December 28, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up No. 23

I'm back! I took a week off, which is really not that long of a break, but for me and blogging, it is plenty of time. I didn't have time during finals week to create any posts and I wasn't going to push myself to do so during the week of Christmas. So instead I enjoyed my time at home with my family and going from gathering to gathering (and eating at each one). I also was able to enjoy quite a bit of down time - which was glorious. Having down time is really important to me and it's something that I had to cut back on last week with all the exams, papers, and projects due. So I definitely enjoyed a pajama day, a few naps, lots of Netflix, and some blog reading. All that made for a good week in my book!


Weekend Wrap Up No. 23 from Courtney's Little Things

Christmas Eve I spent the day with my immediate family just hanging out around the house and helped my mom get ready for my Grandpa and his girlfriend to come over for Christmas Eve dinner. My mom made these amazing peanut butter-chocolate bars for dessert which were my favorite part of the meal. After my Grandpa and his girlfriend left, we sat down to open our presents for each other. I got quite a few sets of pajamas, some movies, jewelry and I Am Malala which is a book I've been wanting to read for so long. I really admire Malala and I'm so excited to start reading about her.

Christmas Day we went to my Grandma's house to have Christmas with my mom's family. My favorite part was my cousin and his girlfriend bringing their Bichon Frise. I absolutely love those dogs and had so much fun cuddling that dog and dreaming about when I can get my own. I also had fun playing with my little cousins. 3 of them are under 4 so they are just the cutest little things. We played hide and seek which is always the best.

After all that craziness that is the holidays, I decided to sleep in on Saturday and enjoy a lazy day spent with family. We ordered pizza and just sat around and talked a lot. Honestly, that's my favorite thing to do with my family is to just sit around and talk about life and joke around.

In the afternoon I watched Ice Age for the first time with my mom (who ended up falling asleep) and sister. I loved Ice Age and can't believe it's taken me this long to get around to watching it! I'm a sucker for animated movies anyways, but this has such a sweet story line. You should definitely watch it this winter if you haven't already!

Sunday we ran a few errands in the morning and ate at Red Robin for lunch. I spent the afternoon taking blog photos, editing, and all that other fun stuff. I'm really feeling excited and refreshed after taking a week off. If you're feeling a little drained or low on ideas, don't be afraid to take a week or two off blogging because it's probably all you need to get inspired again.

And here are a few photos from the Christmas weekend!


Weekend Wrap Up No. 23 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 23 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 23 from Courtney's Little Things
Weekend Wrap Up No. 23 from Courtney's Little Things


How was your holiday weekend? 



4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was. I hope your holidays were good, too :)

      Delete
  2. Ah, SUCH a huge fan of Malala. I will have to add that book to my books to read for next year. Will you write your thoughts on the book once you're done?

    www.verilymerrilymary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely can! It just might be a while...I'm a slow reader. She's so inspirational and an amazing person though, so hopefully that means I'll be able to read it pretty quickly!

      Delete