Saturday, December 12, 2015

Self-Care Ideas

One of my goals for this month is to take care of myself. Taking care of yourself, also known as self-care, is important because you can’t run on empty. I can definitely tell when I haven’t taken care of myself because I get stressed and overwhelmed super easily. I also feel drained and just want to lay around and watch TV as soon as I’m done with classes and homework.


Putting aside the time to take care of yourself can feel hard to do when you have a lot to get done and feel behind, but it will really help you so much and be well worth it. Self-care is a way to value yourself and stay healthy. It also helps you to be more self aware, have better relationships, feel happier and more positive, and to be more creative.


Take Care of Yourself | 30 Self Care Ideas from Courtney's Little Things



So now that we've talked a bit about self-care and why it’s important, here’s are some different things you can do to take care of yourself.


  1. Get a full 8 hours of sleep.
  2. Drink a glass of water first thing in the morning.
  3. Eat 1 cup of vegetables with each meal.
  4. Meditate for 15 minutes.
  5. Go for a walk.
  6. Spend time outside.
  7. Read a book.
  8. Paint or draw.
  9. Play a game with a friend.
  10. Try out a new recipe.
  11. Spend some quality time with your pet.
  12. Take a bubble bath.
  13. Put on lotion.
  14. Paint your nails.
  15. Listen to your favorite music.
  16. Watch a funny show or video.
  17. Watch a TED talk.
  18. Call your favorite person.
  19. Write in a journal.
  20. Practice yoga.
  21. Go to the gym.
  22. Work on a DIY project.
  23. Take a nap.
  24. Do an adult coloring page.
  25. Be kind to yourself.
  26. Light a candle.
  27. Turn off electronics.
  28. Write a list of things your thankful for.
  29. Straighten up a room or area in your house.
  30. Doodle.



How do you take care of yourself? Do you make it a point to do something each day to take care of yourself?





6 comments:

  1. Love this! :) Like you said self-care is very important and to me it's about taking time for yourself to do something you really enjoy. I can relate to a lot of the things you've mentioned on your list, especially going on a walk or reading a book are things I like to do to take care of myself too. Also writing, whether it's a blogpost or in a journal, always helps me to feel happier.

    I love your blog more and more with every new post you do & I'm so glad I found it. Keep up the good work :) Hope you have a lovely day x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Writing is so therapeutic. It's one of the reasons I love blogging and thanks so much for reading :)

      Delete
  2. I 100% relate to this post! I can get so bad about not caring for me when I'm overstretched, and it only makes things like my stress, anxiety, and even attention and focus worse. My favorite things to do for self-care are sitting back and watching a movie or TV episode with my sister, doing a craft project, and journaling! Awesome list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, creating is the best self-care in my opinion. I love picking up a few things for a little craft project on the weekends to relax.

      Delete
  3. This is such a great list! Such an important thing to remember over the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. I think it's easy to forget to take care of yourself when you're worried about going to this party and what you're going to bring and maybe even stressing about seeing certain family members. I hope you're able to take a few moments to practice self-care over the holidays :)

      Delete