Thursday, December 31, 2015

Looking Back on 2015

It's the end of another year. I know these posts are really typical this time of year, but I think it is a good practice to look back and reflect periodically. I try to do so every month with more short term things, and as we get closer to January I'm looking back on the past year and thinking about where I want to go in the next year.

2015 has been a pretty good year for me. I taught Spanish to first graders for a practicum in the spring and got a job teaching an 8th grader Spanish this autumn. I moved into an apartment with my best friend at the beginning of summer and I still love living with her. I was able to see Idina Menzel perform with a good friend. I also turned 22 and began my last full year at my college campus.


Looking Back on 2015 | Reflecting on the past year and how I did with my new year's resolutions for 2015 from Courtney's Little Things

This year I've done a lot to be more creative. Outside of blogging, I started decorating my planners, took part in drawing and lettering challenges on Instagram over the summer, and I've done a lot of cute DIYs like painting canvases and crocheting. For me, finding the time to be creative makes me a happier person and I think it pushes me as well. I'm planning on keeping this a priority into the coming years.

As far as the goals I set for 2015, I'd say I did pretty well with most of them. The first was to focus on the positive. Over the past year I've gotten a lot better at staying positive and trying to look for good things in every situation. Another goal was to be content and spend less. I tracked my spending off and on throughout the year and tried looking at what I already have instead of constantly buying new things. I feel quite content and find it a lot easier to go to the store and not buy a bunch of things (most of the time).

I also made it a goal to stress less. Now, I'm still a worrier, but I'm better at stopping myself from worrying too much and know a few ways to calm down when I do start stressing out. Of course, I've still had moments/days/weeks of being stressed out, but I think I'm a lot better than I was last year.

Another goal for 2015 I've done pretty well with is writing daily in a diary. I'll be honest and tell you I haven't actually written in my diary for a while (over a month), but I've been writing little things about my day in my Happy Planner. To me, that's the same and just a sign that my diary writing has evolved.

There is one goal I've completely failed at: study French. I took a year of French in college and wanted to maintain that, but I gave up studying after a month. The only thing I've done with French the other 11 months is reading a few Facebook posts by a friend in Quebec and some French on packaging and such. The truth is this wasn't a real priority for me and I just wasn't interested enough in French to make it one, so I'm okay that this wasn't accomplished.


What did your year look like? How did you do on your goals for 2015?

Related Posts: Summer 2015 Recap, 2014 in Review, Goals for 2015



4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had an eventful year!! It also sounds like you are indoors a lot. I'm exactly the same way!!! Go out more and travel to places(even if they'r close by)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am an indoor girl, especially this time of year. I did get to travel to Colorado and Kansas City in 2015, but I'd definitely like to make it a point to go on more adventures this year.

      Delete
  2. I love being creative. When I read your first paragraph about how you like to DIY and crochet and draw, I really thought I was reading something about myself! I really want to start drawing and doing hand lettering in my planners! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being creative is the best! I'm so glad you can relate to that. Drawing and hand lettering are so fun and make great decorations in planners, so I hope you do that this year!

      Delete