Saturday, December 5, 2015

DIY Holiday Cards

This time of year everyone's sending out holiday cards. When you were little you could get out a piece of blank paper, draw a  lopsided Christmas tree and everyone would be super impressed with your card. Nowadays, not so much. But that doesn't mean handmade Christmas cards are out of the question! I made these super quick and easy DIY Holiday Cards in one afternoon and just about any one could make these (promise!).

DIY Holiday Cards



All you need to make these are...
  • Some blank cards and envelopes (they're about $5 for a pack of 10 at Michaels)
  • Washi tapes
  • Scissors

DIY Holiday Cards | Super simple handmade Christmas cards that anyone can make from courtneylthings.blogspot.com


So what do you do? Start with a little strip of washi tape for your tree stump. Then cut off a long strip of washi tape and cut off a little triangle on each end so you get that "triangle" look as you stack smaller and smaller strips of tape.

DIY Holiday Cards | Super simple handmade Christmas cards that anyone can make from courtneylthings.blogspot.com


Hopefully between those directions and the photo that makes sense. I left a little bit of blank space between each strip of tape. I measured out how long each strip should be by holding it above where it will go and eyeballing the size.

The last step  is to cut out a triangle to top your tree! Once you're done you can write your message inside.

DIY Holiday Cards | Super simple handmade Christmas cards that anyone can make from courtneylthings.blogspot.com


If you mess up, washi tape is usually easy to take off, so this is pretty forgiving if you make a mistake. Also, each tree is unique so I think the tall tree and short tree both work! 


Do you have a lot of holiday cards to send out this year? Are you buying or making your cards?

Related Posts: A Very Merry Planner


Twitter     Instagram     Bloglovin     Pinterest

11 comments:

  1. These are so simple but what a great idea for a nice DIY! Thanks so much for sharing. I'm definitely making these for my Christmas cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I love about them - they're simple, but quite cute and festive. I hope you have fun making them :)

      Delete
  2. These are so cute! I love washi tape! I'm hoping to draw up some cute cards for gifts this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drawing is so fun. I need to start drawing more. I'm sure people will love them!

      Delete
  3. I think these are beautiful and I love that they are not perfectly even. So much cuter that way! Thanks for sharing at the #MerryBlogmas link up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Courtney ~ These are SO cute! I'm just a little bit obsessed with Washi tape, and I'm completely obsessed with these adorable trees. Thank you SO much for sharing with us at the Merry Blogmas Link Party! Hope to see you again this Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one obsessed with washi haha

      Delete
  5. These are so cute! I never sent Christmas cards this year 😞 I'll remember these for next though, so many different colours you can use 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! You could do any colors you wanted and make each one super unique!

      Delete