Thursday, December 10, 2015

DIY Holiday Art

Who doesn't love decorating for the holidays? I made a cute and simple DIY holiday art print to hang up this season. It's all centered around one of my favorite phrases this time of year "Be Merry and Bright." Since "bright" is right in the phrase, I figured it was the perfect excuse to break out of  the traditional holiday colors and go for something a bit more quirky - like bright pink!



DIY Holiday Art | A cute and fun holiday print you can make yourself from Courtney's Little Things



For this DIY holiday art print you need...
  • A canvas
  • Bright green paint another bright colored paint (I used pink)
  • Paint brushes or sponges
  • A pencil
  • A black paint pen
Once you have all your stuff together, draw the outline of a Christmas tree on your canvas. If you're not confident in your abilities to do that, all you really have to do is draw a triangle.

Next I painted the background a bright pink. I did 2 coats to make sure the color was even. With that done, it was time to paint my tree the bright green. Again, I did 2 coats.


DIY Holiday Art | A cute and fun holiday print you can make yourself from Courtney's Little Things
DIY Holiday Art | A cute and fun holiday print you can make yourself from Courtney's Little Things
DIY Holiday Art | A cute and fun holiday print you can make yourself from Courtney's Little Things


Once all the paint dried, I used my black paint pen to outline the shape of the tree. This is a great way to hide any little mistakes where you painted outside the lines (but don't tell anyone). Then I wrote "Be Merry & Bright" at the top of the canvas. I chose to just do my regular handwriting, but you could make this a fancy or fun font - be creative!


DIY Holiday Art | A cute and fun holiday print you can make yourself from Courtney's Little Things


Do you like to make your own Christmas decorations? Does this look like something you'll make?



Twitter     Instagram     Bloglovin     Pinterest

3 comments:

  1. Aw this is so cute and simple! I love how bold it is a different to the standard Christmas colours!

    Danielle xo
    www.underlandtowonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I like using non traditional colors for Christmas. Red and dark green just aren't my thing.

      Delete