Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Christmas Tag

I was tagged by the oh-so-lovely Sara who blogs at About Little Thiings to do the Christmas Tag. This is pretty exciting as it's always fun to be tagged and I was wanting to do a similar post about some of my favorite parts of Christmas, anyways. So settle in and we'll chat about a few of my favorite things about Christmas!



Christmas Tag | Courtney's Little Things



What's your favorite thing about Christmas?

I really like the twinkle lights everywhere, the bulb ornaments, all the food, and spending time with people I love. 


What is your favorite Christmas movie?

I really like watching Elf. It's just so silly and I always love a good comedy. I also have to watch A Christmas Story every year. It feels like such an iconic Christmas movie and again it's so funny with so many great lines and scenes.


Real tree or fake tree?

I've grown up with fake trees and I can't imagine buying a real tree to have up in my home for one month. I don't set up a tree at my apartment though. I just put up other decorations (like cute little snowmen) and head to my family's home to enjoy a beautifully decorated Christmas tree.


Giving presents or receiving them?

I loved receiving presents when I was young (read the first 20 years of my life), but this year I've been struggling to even think of anything to add to my Christmas wishlist! Crazy, I know. Now I kind of prefer finding little things to give to friends and family. It's exciting to find something you know your friend will like and watch them open it.


Do you open your presents Christmas morning or evening?

We open the majority of our presents Christmas Eve. We all exchange gifts and take turns opening. Then Christmas morning Santa always comes to give us a few presents in our stockings.


Christmas Tag | Courtney's Little Things



What tops your tree?

We currently have a flower on top of our tree at home.


As a kid, what was the one (crazy, wild, extravagant) gift you always asked for but never received?

Not to sound spoiled, but I think I got everything I asked for. I'm sure there were a few things I didn't get, but they weren't anything I can remember. Some of my favorite gifts though were a miracle moves baby doll and an American Girl doll (Felicity). As you can tell, I was big into playing dolls as a child.


Handmade Christmas cards or bought?

Handmade. I've gotten into making cards for birthdays and Christmas the past few years. I love any excuse to play with pretty scrapbook paper, stickers, and washi tape.


What's your favorite Christmas food?

I love all the Christmas cookies. I like baking and decorating sugar cookies for me and my friends.


Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?

My family always goes over to my Grandma's house and we have Christmas dinner and exchange gifts with my mom's side of the family. When we get back home my family (parents and siblings) open the presents we got for each other.


I hope you enjoyed learning a bit more about me and some of my Christmas favorites. I tag Jasmine, Amy, and Meghan.

What are some of your favorite things at Christmas time? 

Related Posts: A Very Merry Planner, DIY Christmas Cards



Twitter     Instagram     Bloglovin     Pinterest

2 comments: