Saturday, December 19, 2015

Blogiversary

December 20 is a very important date for me and Courtney's Little Things - it's the day I started my blog! Honestly, I can't believe it's already been a full year.


Blogiversary | Reflecting on 1 year of blogging at Courtney's Little Things


So why did I start blogging? I kind of did it on a whim. I've always loved reading blogs and had wanted to have my own blog for awhile. I was also struggling a bit with boredom over Christmas break. So one day I just went for it and started a blog.

The first 5 months were really just me creating posts that no one read. They're not the best, but feel free to go through and read them. The posts are actually pretty similar to what I still create, it's just very rough and unpolished and I was trying to find my own voice.

My first big post happened when I started linking up to iHeart Organizing for a 4 week 1 room organization challenge in June. I desperately needed to organize my room at my family's home and I was honestly shocked that people were clicking on my posts, reading them, and leaving comments.

From then on I started taking my blog a lot more seriously and fell even more in love with the art of blogging and the wonderful community that surrounds it. 

I really can't imagine my life without this little space anymore. I love being able to share my creative projects, little things I've learned, and other little tidbits. Blogging's helped me to connect with some amazing people and I've become more confident and creative.

So thanks for reading my blog, leaving comments, following me, and being so wonderful in general!


Twitter     Instagram     Bloglovin     Pinterest

11 comments:

  1. Happy Blogiversary Courtney! :) Your blog is amazing, keep up the good work x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy blogiversary! When your blog starts suddenly growing, its the most amazing feeling ever! I remember it well x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is!! It's such a great and magical moment :)

      Delete
  3. Happy Blogiversary! :)

    www.raiin-monkey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!

    Happy Blogiversary!

    Francesca xx
    http://bellamomento.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Blogaversary is on my birthday haha. I also started blogging off a whim and it's turned into a passion project that I absolutely love. Happy Blogaversary and I wish you all the best and more in your blogging endeavors!!

    ReplyDelete