Wednesday, December 16, 2015

2016 Planners

As we've discussed multiple times, I LOVE PLANNERS. I've been using a planner for the past 10 years. I love being organized and knowing what's coming up. I keep track of important dates with school, family, friends, appointments, TV, blogging, general to dos - all sorts of things!

 Recently I started decorating mine as well which has turned it into a real hobby. I've always had an affinity for cute stationary and now I have an excuse too keep an inordinate amount of stickers, sticky notes, notepads, pens, and notebooks. It just brightens up my day to see a cute little spread in my planner and I really enjoy decorating it.

 Even if you're not hopping on this whole planner girl bandwagon, you probably still need a planner for the day to day planning (or week to week planning). I went ahead and bought 2 planners for 2016 (Yes, I know. It's sad). One is a simple planner I've been using forever. The other is a bit more detailed and I just started using it in the past few months.



2016 Planners | 2 excellent planners to help you get organized for the new year. From Courtney's Little Things


So first up, the simple planner. This is great if you are interested in just keeping track of big dates, appointments, and a few to-dos. It's a medium sized planner from Blue Sky. You can get these at just about any store, including Target. It costs about $8 for a 12 month planner and includes weekly and monthly spreads.



2016 Planners | 2 excellent planners to help you get organized for the new year. From Courtney's Little Things
2016 Planners | 2 excellent planners to help you get organized for the new year. From Courtney's Little Things
2016 Planners | 2 excellent planners to help you get organized for the new year. From Courtney's Little Things
2016 Planners | 2 excellent planners to help you get organized for the new year. From Courtney's Little Things


You can choose from quite a few different styles and sizes. I've been using this planner since high school and it is a great, functional planner. 

The second planner I have for 2016 and the one I'm using as my main planner is the Happy Planner. I wanted to get my hands on a vertical planner similar to an Erin Condren, but I just wasn't wanting to spend $50+ on a planner. So when I just happened to have a coupon to use at Michael's, I couldn't resist getting a Happy Planner. They cost $25 for an 18 month calendar with monthly and weekly spreads. They also have some cute illustrated pages at the beginning of every month.



2016 Planners | 2 excellent planners to help you get organized for the new year. From Courtney's Little Things
2016 Planners | 2 excellent planners to help you get organized for the new year. From Courtney's Little Things
2016 Planners | 2 excellent planners to help you get organized for the new year. From Courtney's Little Things
2016 Planners | 2 excellent planners to help you get organized for the new year. From Courtney's Little Things
2016 Planners | 2 excellent planners to help you get organized for the new year. From Courtney's Little Things


This planner is designed more for decorating, or someone with a crazy schedule. The weekly layout is vertical and split into 3 sections for each day (morning, afternoon, evening) and has a little section for notes.

I love the little reflection page they have for each month with space to write about what you're up to that month, birthdays, big dates, and a little list of what you're grateful for. It's a great way to look back on your month and plan ahead.



2016 Planners | 2 excellent planners to help you get organized for the new year. From Courtney's Little Things
2016 Planners | 2 excellent planners to help you get organized for the new year. From Courtney's Little Things
2016 Planners | 2 excellent planners to help you get organized for the new year. From Courtney's Little Things


There's also a lot of extra goodies you can buy for the Happy Planner including additional planner covers, stickers designed specifically for it, extension packs, note paper and notepads you can add into the planner, and some super cute sticky notes.


So that's what I'm using to plan 2016 and make it the best year yet (fingers crossed). Do you use a planner? Do you decorate it? Are you interested in using one of these to plan your year? Let me know in the comments!

Related Posts: Planner Haul: Etsy Edition,  How I Journal


Twitter     Instagram     Bloglovin     Pinterest


**This is not a sponsored post in any way. I purchased both of these planners and just happen to like them and wanted to share them here. I was not compensated in any way.

2 comments: