Wednesday, November 25, 2015

What I'm Thankful For

For people in the United States, this week is Thanksgiving! I know it's come and gone in Canada and for everyone else in the world, there is no such holiday. Still, making a list of things your thankful for is good to do at the end of the year, plus it's actually good for you. 

Writing down what your thankful for is a great way to cultivate gratefulness which is proven to make you happier and help you in so many other aspects of life. Besides making you happier, being thankful also helps you to relax, be more resilient, kinder, and more productive. It helps you to have better relationships and helps you to become less self-centered and materialistic. 

So now that you know all the benefits, maybe you're in the mood to write your own list of things you're thankful for! I've been writing down at least one thing I'm thankful for each day this month in my bullet journal. So we'll get to the point of this post and I'll share what I'm thankful for this year!


What I'm Thankful For


  1. My wonderful family. There's a reason I go home to see them all the time. They're very supportive, keep me sane, and I have so much fun with them. 
  2. Friends. I'm so happy and thankful to have some really good friends that I've made the journey through college with.
  3. Having a job I like. I've been teaching an 8th grader Spanish and I absolutely love it. It's nice to have a little confirmation that I like what I'm majoring in. 
  4. Being able to attend college. Not to get all preachy, but there are girls and women all around the globe who are unable to even finish elementary school, let alone go on to attend college. There are also plenty of people who can't afford higher education or have other responsibilities which prevent them from going to college/university. Education is really important to me and I'm so thankful to have one.
  5. Food. I'm so spoiled in being able to buy what I want at the grocery store and go out to eat weekly.
  6. My blog. This may seem somewhat silly, but I am so thankful to have a place where I can share my thoughts, ideas, and projects plus connect with and meet other people. 
  7. I'm also thankful that people actually read my blog and take the time to leave me comments. So thank you :)
  8. Internet. I can't even imagine life without it at this point. I love having access to just about every video and song, being able to read hundreds of blogs, and learn anything I want to online.
  9. My apartment. I love having my own space (unlike a dorm), having my own home to take care of, and you know, having a safe place to sleep and live.
  10. Having classes I like. I love my women's studies and economics classes. They're so interesting and I really like those teachers as well, which brings me to...
  11. Having (some) good teachers who really care about their students and what they're teaching.
  12. Phone calls from family. Some days it just feels really great to hear my phone ring and look down to see "Mama calling."
  13. Productive days. I feel really awesome like I conquered something when I have productive days. It's the best, plus I got stuff done so I don't have to worry about it anymore!
  14. Art supplies. This may seem strange, but I'm so grateful that I have all the paints, brushes, sponges, canvases, and everything else that go into an art project. This is something that calms me, makes me happy, and makes me proud of myself so I'm really grateful that I have the ability to do them whenever I want.
  15. Weekends. I would be absolutely insane without Saturdays and Sundays to relax and recuperate.
  16. Lazy mornings. Is there anything better than a lazy morning in bed, watching TV? I think not.
  17. My car. Being able to go places is pretty cool. I'm glad I can just hop in my car and drive wherever I want (like to Target).
  18. My planner. I don't know how I would live without one at this point. I've been using one for the past 9 years, although it's gotten much more elaborate since 8th grade. It keeps me organized and keeps me on track with appointments, assignments, and other to-dos. Plus I have a lot of fun making it look pretty.

There you have it, the big and little things that I'm thankful for. It's easy to look over some of the smaller and more random things you're grateful for, but if they're important to you and make your life better you should include them in your gratitude list. What are you thankful for this year?



Twitter     Instagram     Bloglovin     Pinterest

1 comment:

  1. Great post and a really nice way to share positivity! I agree that family and friends are something to be hugely grateful for.

    Megan X

    www.lifewithmcm.com

    ReplyDelete