Monday, November 30, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up No. 20

This won't be our traditional weekend wrap up as all of the interesting stuff happened during the week since I didn't have classes as it was Thanksgiving Break. It was a MUCH needed time away from classrooms, homework, and everything else college related.

Weekend Wrap Up No. 20


On Monday I did have to do one college/career related thing - take the content exam which will help me get certified to teach! If you've never taken one of these before, it's a bit crazy. It was harder to get into the testing room than it is to get through customs after travelling abroad. No. Joke. They acted like no one from out of state had ever taken a Missouri Content Assessment before (apparently I'm the only student going to college out of state). Then I forgot to take my chapstick out of my pocket and take my ponytail holder off my wrist, so when they searched me (not even kidding. they search you) I got in trouble and had to take those items off and put them in a locker. By the time I finally got into the testing room I was super nervous. I felt like the exam asked some crazy questions and I'm not too sure how I did on it. Hopefully I'll get my results soon and they'll say I passed!

Thursday was Thanksgiving Day here in the US. We had planned to have about 20 people at our house, but we had to cancel because of a giant ice storm. Instead we had a much more intimate Thanksgiving with just my parents and siblings. After our meal we played a few games of Aggravation and then had a Star Wars marathon. We watched the first 3 films made (4, 5, and 6). I hadn't seen them in a while and had forgotten just how good they really are!

Weekend Wrap Up No. 20


Friday everything was still covered in ice, but we decided to brave it to go out to lunch, visit my grandparents, and see Mockingjay. I was super excited to see it as I've read all the books and just about died reading this last one - so intense! I was just as emotional watching the movie - just ask my embarrassed family. 

Saturday I drove back to my apartment. When I got home I went on a cleaning spree and decorated for Christmas. I don't put up a tree in my apartment since I'm never here for Christmas week, but I like putting up a few things (like snowmen and DIYs). I also went grocery shopping which made me feel so adultish and independent after spending the week at my family's house. I ended the day with a good planner decorating session. It's honestly my favorite part of the weekends!

Weekend Wrap Up No. 20
Weekend Wrap Up No. 20
Weekend Wrap Up No. 20


Sunday I had some fun getting a few holiday DIYs done that I'll be sharing soon (!!) and working on homework (boo). My friend did some Black Friday shopping so we got to watch some of her new movies. We watched The Theory of Everything which was a super good drama about a very interesting man. And then we watched Tammy. 

Weekend Wrap Up No. 20


How did you spend your Thanksgiving? Have you seen Mockingjay yet? Did you decorate for the holidays this weekend?


Twitter     Instagram     Bloglovin     Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment