Saturday, November 7, 2015

Thanksgiving DIY Art Print

I'm getting pretty excited for Thanksgiving. I've been looking for some decorations, but couldn't find anything that I particularly loved. So I decided to make my own! I whipped up this little canvas with feathers and a cute little "give thanks" in one afternoon, so if you have some free time, you can get this done in a snap!



Thanksgiving DIY


To do this project you just need a few things:
- A blank canvas (I used an 8x10 canvas)
- Pencil
- Four colors of paint
- A small paint brush
- A black paint pen
- A gold paint pen

Once you have these goodies and your work space set up, it's time to get work! First step I did was write out "Give Thanks" in my neatest handwriting and I tried to center it. Once I had that I sketched out my feathers. 

With that done it was time to start painting in my feathers! I chose to paint mine orange, yellow, purple, and green but obviously you can choose any color scheme you want! I gave them 2 coats of paint. After the paint dried, I outlined the feathers with a black paint pen.



Thanksgiving DIY Art Print
Thanksgiving DIY Art Print
Thanksgiving DIY Art Print
Thanksgiving DIY Art Print


The next step is to go over the quote with a gold paint pen. I had to do two coats with the paint pen since it was a new pen (they take a bit to break in). 


Thanksgiving DIY
Thanksgiving DIY


Once the lettering dries, it's time to put it up! I have mine on the table with some pumpkins next to it for that extra fall-like touch.

Are you going to give this DIY a go? Do you have any other Thanksgiving DIYs on your mind?


Related Posts: DIY Holiday ArtDIY Wall Art

1 comment:

  1. This is super cute, Courtney! I love the colors of the feathers. Thanks for sharing with us at the Merry Monday Link Party. Hope to see you again on Sunday night!

    ReplyDelete