Everyone loves to have a good day. Who would disagree with that? But sometimes it's hard to have a good day - you're stressed, one bad thing after another keeps happening, or you woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I'm sharing 10 ways to have a good day. Some of them are super simple, like listening to some music. Others require you to make a few changes, like disconnecting for a bit. Either way, these have all been tested by me and I'm sure they'll work for you, too!
- Open the blinds/curtains. Let some natural light in and open up your home.
- Turn on some music. If I’m having a bad day listening to some music can always brighten up my day. Turn on the radio or Pandora. You can even make a playlist with all your favorite songs or the songs that can always get you going in the morning.
- Do what you love. Write a new blog post, work on a DIY project, read a book - whatever it is that you love to do. Taking the time to do what you love, even if it’s just a half hour, can help you to have a good day. Related Post: How to Make Time For Yourself
- Have a chat. Call up your mom, meet up with your best friend for lunch, or message a friend online. Just having that human contact can really make your day better.
- Eat something good. Cook one of your favorite meals for dinner. Having something yummy to look forward to always helps me to have a good day.
- Take little breaks throughout the day. Read a blog post, take a little walk, or just close your eyes and focus on your breathing for a minute to clear your mind.
- Do one thing at a time. When I do two or three things at once, it's easy for me to start to feel overwhelmed. Focusing on just one thing at a time makes it easier to get things done and helps you to have a better day. Related Post: Multitasking and How to Stop
- Disconnect. Get off all those electronic devices and spend time with the people around you, write on a piece of notebook paper, or go outside.
- Get outside and enjoy nature. Take a walk around the park, play a game of basketball with a friend, go for a hike. Spending some time outdoors always helps me to have a good day.
- Focus on the positive. You could do all the things on this list, but if you’re worrying or looking only at the negatives, you’ll still have a bad day. Make a conscious decision to look on the bright side of life and focus on the positives.
Those are my 10 surefire ways to have a good day. I hope they help you out, especially if you're having a rough time!
Do you do these things? What else do you do to have a good day?