Saturday, November 21, 2015

10 Ways to Have a Good Day

Everyone loves to have a good day. Who would disagree with that? But sometimes it's hard to have a good day - you're stressed, one bad thing after another keeps happening, or you woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I'm sharing 10 ways to have a good day. Some of them are super simple, like listening to some music. Others require you to make a few changes, like disconnecting for a bit. Either way, these have all been tested by me and I'm sure they'll work for you, too!

10 Ways to Have a Good Day

  1. Open the blinds/curtains. Let some natural light in and open up your home.
  2. Turn on some music. If I’m having a bad day listening to some music can always brighten up my day.  Turn on the radio or Pandora. You can even make a playlist with all your favorite songs or the songs that can always get you going in the morning.
  3. Do what you love. Write a new blog post, work on a DIY project, read a book - whatever it is that you love to do. Taking the time to do what you love, even if it’s just a half hour, can help you to have a good day. Related Post: How to Make Time For Yourself
  4. Have a chat. Call up your mom, meet up with your best friend for lunch, or message a friend online. Just having that human contact can really make your day better.
  5. Eat something good. Cook one of your favorite meals for dinner. Having something yummy to look forward to always helps me to have a good day.
  6. Take little breaks throughout the day. Read a blog post, take a little walk, or just close your eyes and focus on your breathing for a minute to clear your mind.
  7. Do one thing at a time. When I do two or three things at once, it's easy for me to start to feel overwhelmed. Focusing on just one thing at a time makes it easier to get things done and helps you to have a better day. Related Post: Multitasking and How to Stop
  8. Disconnect. Get off all those electronic devices and spend time with the people around you, write on a piece of notebook paper, or go outside.
  9. Get outside and enjoy nature. Take a walk around the park, play a game of basketball with a friend, go for a hike. Spending some time outdoors always helps me to have a good day.
  10. Focus on the positive. You could do all the things on this list, but if you’re worrying or looking only at the negatives, you’ll still have a bad day. Make a conscious decision to look on the bright side of life and focus on the positives.

Those are my 10 surefire ways to have a good day. I hope they help you out, especially if you're having a rough time!

Do you do these things? What else do you do to have a good day?


6 comments:

  1. Great post as usual :) I totally agree with all of the points you've mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I hope you have a great day :)

      Delete
  2. These are great tips and great reminders :) especially opening the blinds, I think a lot of us forget that we don't have to live in (literal) darkness if we're doing things inside lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. I know! I have to have the blinds open and let in some natural light. A girl I used to live with would never open the blinds in her room and it just mystified me haha.

      Delete
  3. These are great reminders!! I know sometimes even the simplest of things - like letting in the light can literally and figuratively brighten up the day.

    Self care is super important... thank you for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really is the little things that brighten up your day! Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete