Monday, October 5, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up No. 13

This week has been a lot of work! So many readings, so much studying, but I think I finally figured out a good schedule. After a mini-almost-breakdown Monday, I made a daily schedule down to the hour of what I'm doing so I can (hopefully) keep up with my classes. Making that schedule makes me feel so much calmer because I can see that I have enough hours in a day to get done what I need to and still have free time.

In other news, Tuesday I hosted the #e2wchat. It's a new(er) chat by Brooke Elise and Katy for US bloggers to connect! It's Tuesdays at 5 CT if you'd like to join in. Also,  my mom was able to visit me Thursday (which made my day) and my cat, who's been at the vet for a week, is finally getting better and back at home (which made my week)! I was so worried about my cat while she was at the vet's so now that she's home I can relax.


On Friday I started my weekend by making a quick run to the store to pick up a few things and walked out with them plus a couple of new movies. After that I fit in a little nap, caught up on some blog reading, decorated my planner, and even came up with some more blog ideas. I topped it all off by ordering a pizza. It was a very relaxed night and I enjoyed it.

Saturday I went to a few events on campus for the intercultural festival. I learned a lot at one event in particular, a lecture by Sein Leneju. Ms. Lengeju is from Kenya and talked about how she was booked to marry at age 5 and later forced her to go undergo female genital mutilation. I found it so interesting to learn about how this happens in cultures because it is such a harmful practice and it was also very interesting to see how that experience has made her passionate about preventing other girls from going through these harmful cultural practices. She founded Keep Girls Safe in 2014 which works to end female genital mutilation and other harmful practices against women both in Kenya and in the United States. I know this is a tough subject, especially for such little space, but I really think you guys should check out the foundation's website to learn more and help in any way you can.

Saturday I also drafted a few posts, and did some more blog reading. I have so many posts saved on Bloglovin it's ridiculous. I got some homework done and watched Spy (one of my new movies) with my friends. It was pretty funny, but I was honestly expecting a little more.

Sunday I did something spontaneous for once. My mom sent me a picture of our cat who spent over a week at the vet's laying in the window sill, enjoy the sunshine and I felt this huge impulse to go home and see my kitty! So what's a girl to do? I hopped in the car and drove the 2 hours from my apartment to my family's home! I didn't tell my family, so when I pulled up it was a big surprise. I spent a few hours at home with my family and giving my cat lots of cuddles before heading back to my apartment.

When I got back I ended my weekend by watching another movie I impulse bought on Friday, Big Eyes. I love Tim Burton, I love art, and I thought the story line looked really interesting, so I've been looking forward to seeing this movie for a while. This movie was even more than I had thought it would be. So fascinating watching how the abuse and manipulation of her husband slowly deteriorates her self esteem and effects her relationship with her daughter and friends. I loved this and would definitely recommend it. 

And here's some pictures from the weekend:

Weekend Wrap Up No. 13
Weekend Wrap Up No. 13
Weekend Wrap Up No. 13
Weekend Wrap Up No. 13
Weekend Wrap Up No. 13
Weekend Wrap Up No. 13


If you want to keep up with my blog posts and what I'm up to throughout the week you can follow me  on Twitter,  Bloglovin, and Instagram.


How was your weekend? Did you watch any new movies or learn anything new? 

No comments:

Post a Comment