Wednesday, October 14, 2015

The Liebster Award

September was a great month for me! I hosted two blog chats and was nominated for TWO blogging awards!! I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award and I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Rosy. She blogs over at Just My Rosy Life where she has some great plan with me posts!
In case you're not familiar with it, the Liebster Award is given to new bloggers by other bloggers. It's a great way to discover new blogs. The rules are…
  1. Link back to the person who nominated you.
  2. Answer the questions designated by the blogger who nominated you.
  3. Nominate up to 11 other new bloggers with less than 200 followers and notify them.
  4. Give your nominees a list of questions they have to answer.
  5. Display the Liebster Award Logo on your page.
  6. List these six rules on your post.


The Liebster Award



Questions I Was Asked
  1. Who is your favorite super hero and why? My favorite super hero is Batman because I love the cheesy puns and jokes from the older movies and I love the darker edge of the Dark Knight movies.
  2. If a movie was made of your life, what genre would it be and who would play you? I think my life would be a comedy with all of my daily trips and awkward moments and lots of inner monologue moments (think Lizzy McGuire and her cartoon self). Since I get to choose who plays me, we'll go with Jennifer Lawrence.

  1. What is one of your weird quirks? I still buy the bright colored band-aids. When I get a blister, I'm walking around with a neon green band-aid on the back of my ankle. No Shame.

  1. What is the first thing you do when you get up in the morning? Check Instagram. I like scrolling through all the photos to inspire me for my day.

  1. Describe yourself in three words. Compassionate. Contemplative. Organized.

  1. What is the one thing you have always wanted to do? Travel the world. I've been abroad twice and I'm always ready to go somewhere new. I love the history, culture, food, sights, sounds, everything about new places and different countries!

  1. Who do you admire the most and why? This is a tough question! I admire women who follow their own path with confidence and kindness. Staying true to yourself is something I think is important and the world is always needing more love and kindness.

  1. If you had access to a time machine, where and when would you go? Not to be boring, but I don't think I would go anywhere. I love history, but I wouldn't want to go back in history because they really weren't the glory days of times gone by (No toilets? No, thank you.). But then, I wouldn't want to go into the future for fear it would be some crazy dystopia (I may have been a little too into The Hunger Games and Divergent series). 

  1. What do you enjoy most about blogging? I love having a place to talk about all these little things I like and find interesting and finding other people who enjoy the same things.

  1. If you could add a person to Mt Rushmore, who would it be and why? Another tough question! I'm going to say Harriet Tubman for her bravery and work to help enslaved people escape to freedom, activism in the abolition movement, work to help the Union Army as a nurse, scout, and spy, and later for her activism in the women's suffrage movement. She really was an amazing woman and took a stand for what was right.

  1. What is your favorite book and why? I have so many books I like that it's hard to choose just one! For now I'll say Bossypants by Tina Fey because when I read it in high school, it was the first autobiography and first comedy book I read. After reading that, I realized that those are 2 genres I really like. It helped me to continue my love of reading because I was at a place where the books and authors I read in middle school didn't interest me anymore, but I had no idea what "adult" books to read. Also, it's by Tina Fey. I love her.

So now that you know a little more about me thanks to Rosy's great questions, I'll let you know who my nominees are and what questions they'll have to answer! You should really check out these lovely blogs.

My Nominees:
Lee         |  Lee Thrifts
Kristy      |  Ippy || Krispy
Arianne   |  Ayre Blog & YouTube
Tori        |  Chase The Write Dream
Aly         | Welcome To Aly's World

11 Questions for my Nominees:

  1. What is the one thing you've always wanted to do?
  2. What's your favorite thing about blogging?
  3. If you were going to a deserted island, what are the 3 things you would bring with you?
  4. If you could book a plane ticket for anywhere in the world right now, where would you go?
  5. Do you have a favorite quote? What is it and why do you love it?
  6. What's your favorite holiday and why?
  7. What's the number one thing on your wishlist right now?
  8. Can you keep a houseplant alive? If so, what is your secret?
  9. What TV show could you watch all day long?
  10. Is there a celebrity you wish you could be best friends with? Who and why?
  11. What's your favorite thing to do (besides blogging)?


How would you answer some of those questions Rosy asked me? Who would you add to Mount Rushmore? Favorite Book?

Related Post: Versatile Blogger Award



3 comments:

  1. Aww you're such a sweetheart for nominating me and including my youtube link!!! Since I've done this twice, I'll just answer your questions here:

    1. I've always wanted to perform, and I already did that in college and a little bit after college. Now I'm just being myself on YouTube.
    2. My favorite thing about blogging is the opportunity to be creative, to feel accomplishment, to improve on my skills, and most of all, the blogging friends!
    3. I'll bring two gallons of water (one in each hand) and my crossover bag with lip balm and sunscreen :) oops, I think I might have gone over.. but if you count the water as ONE thing, then I'm good lol
    4. England.
    5. Everything happens for a reason... because it does.
    6. My favorite holiday is actually my birthday because it's the one day in a year that it gets to be about me. I like Christmas, too, but I find myself spending it alone so it's not my fave.
    7. Hmm, good question... a massage!
    8. Uhm, I touch a flower and it dies.
    9. House :) I actually did watch it all day long when I was unemployed.
    10. Well, she doesn't consider herself a celebrity but I'd choose Zoella... or if you want a big-time celebrity, I'd choose Taylor Swift, because.. I mean, she's Taylor Swift :)
    11. Favorite thing to do? Gee, I guess binging on YouTube videos or reading a book :)

    Ayre

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. also, I loved Lizzie McGuire so much! I was bummed when it ended... I like the way you described yourself in three words :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks for answering the questions, even though it's the third time! I'm hoping someone will be able to share the secret to keeping a houseplant alive because I keep killing them haha.

      Delete