Sunday, October 25, 2015

Favorite Halloween Movies

I wanted to do so many Halloween posts, but I just haven't been doing many Halloween like things. I decorated for fall much more than for Halloween. I painted pumpkins with a friend, but hers was for her favorite baseball team and mine was painted with pastels like a doughnut. There is one thing I love doing for Halloween though, and that's watching Halloween like movies!


Favorite Halloween Movies


The Corpse Bride
Forever my favorite, I adore this Tim Burton film.  The animation, the songs, the story, the characters - I love it all!

Sweeney Todd
Sometimes you want to watch a musical. Sometimes you want to watch a musical about a murderous barber.

The Birds
Alfred Hitchcock alone makes this movie worth watching. He was such a brilliant story teller and film maker. I have a weird fear of birds (I don't know why) so this movie is literally what I fear happening.

The Addams Family
I've mentioned my love for this movie before, and this list just wouldn't be complete without it! The Addams are my favorite strange yet loving family.

Addams Family Values
Summer, Thanksgiving and a ghoulish family. That means you can watch it from June-November. Or anytime really.

Sleepy Hollow
Another Tim Burton movie that I love. It has a great cast (Christina Ricci, Johnny Depp, and Christopher Walken) and is pretty creepy.

American Horror Story
Okay, not a movie but very well suited for Halloween! I'm loving the current season with Lady Gaga, but every season is so good. If you haven't seen it (and can handle some weird stuff), I would recommend it! It's so good and creepy.


Do you love watching Halloween movies? What would you add to this list?

Related Post: DIY Popcorn Bar, Movie Night Ideas



2 comments:

  1. Gah. Sleepy Hallow is sooooo wonderful.
    I also love watching at least the first 3 Scream films.
    xoxo
    A
    http://behindthscenes-beauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love Sleepy Hallow! I can't watch really scary movies, so I've never seen the Scream trilogy. I have to stay on the safe side of creepy :)

      Delete