Monday, September 14, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up No. 10

This week the reality of a new school year started to sink in. My first paper was due and now it's time to start studying for my first exams of the semester! Don't worry though, I'm still enjoying my classes. My first class of the day is a discussion class and so interesting which makes it easier to wake up in the morning.

I also have made it to the gym at least twice for two weeks. This is major progress for me! I'm always "trying" to be healthier (isn't everyone?), but last week I decided to make going to the gym a part of my schedule. So on Tuesdays and Thursdays when I don't have classes, I'll be hitting the gym in the morning. Hopefully this will last, even as the weather gets colder (and colder).

On the blog I shared a few ways to decorate for Fall and some tips to help you make time for yourself. I've seen several people posting about putting themselves last on their list (just like me), so hopefully this will help you guys to make yourselves more of a priority, too!



Friday I started my weekend by making a little run to the store. I got a few goodies for taking blog photos and I couldn't resist getting a few washis - they're my weakness! Back at my apartment I set up all my planner supplies in the living room and got to work journaling and decorating my planner. After that I spent my evening editing photos, chatting with the other #bdibNA bloggers, blog reading, and watching a few shows on Netflix.

Saturday I started my morning by reading a few new blogs and getting a load of laundry started. Then I got texts from both my brother and mom that Pocahontas was on ABC Family, so I HAD to tune in! (Obviously, my family knows who my favorite Disney princess is.) While watching Pocahontas I cooked up Taco Macaroni & Cheese - something I just thought up on my last trip to the grocery store - and it was delicious! 

In the afternoon I started reading a new book I just got - The Giftsof Imperfection by Brené Brown. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, but I'm trying to work on it and let go of some of those perfectionist tendencies. When I was ordering books online for class, I saw this and felt like I should get it. I'm so glad I did! Even the first 2 chapters had me totally inspired and thinking about what's truly important and how to live a more "wholehearted life."

After reading I cleaned up my cooking mess in the kitchen and started putting away laundry when my mom called. We had a lovely little chat and then I got to doing some blog planning for the upcoming week. I also got some homework done before heading over to my friends' house.

The weekend ended on Sunday with some blog reading and reading my new book, #lbloggers chat on Twitter and a little homework and laundry before enjoying pizza and a movie with friends.

I had a pretty great weekend, but sadly I didn't really take any photos of it. I'm afraid I have none to share with you, but I hope you still enjoyed the post!

If you want to keep up with my blog posts and what I'm up to throughout the week you can follow me  on Twitter,  Bloglovin, and Instagram.

How was your weekend? Did you get any reading done over the weekend?
 

Check out the Link Up page to see all the places this post has been!

2 comments:

  1. uhhh maam, you are gonna have to make a post for that recipe, because it sounds delicious! I am glad you were able to enjoy your weekend, and that you are trying to make healthier choices. I really need to get to the gym as well, or just workout at home...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll make a recipe post for Taco Mac & Cheese soon :)

      Delete