Monday, September 7, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up No. 09

I started my last first week of classes as a student this week! It's my senior year of college and next fall I'll be doing my student teaching already. It really is crazy how fast time goes - I feel like I just started college! I'm taking 5 classes, but only 3 have met so far (for various reasons). They're all really great and easy classes so far, so I think it will be a great semester. I also got a tutoring job this week through a series of random conversations! I'm so glad everything came together at just the right moment for me!



Weekend Wrap Up No. 09 courtneylthings.blogspot.com


Friday I started my 3 day weekend by spending some time with my family. I had some really great conversations with my mom and youngest brother. I really treasure moments like that where you can have wonderful conversations with people you love face to face.

There was also a lot of great food for one day! My mom had made peach pie and it was FANTASTIC. I'd been craving some pie all week, so this was just what I needed. I love the Chinese food restaurant in town and just haven't found any others that I like as much, so the three of us headed over there for dinner. I tried chow mein for the first time (I wasn't sure about the hard noodles!) and it was so good. I can't believe I've held off on trying it for so long!

Saturday I started my day with some snuggles from my cat and got her to play with her newest toy. She's very much a cat and can't be bothered to do things she doesn't want to, so this was only the second time I've gotten her to play with it.

In the afternoon my mom, brother, and I went shopping. I got 4 new pairs of shoes!! It sounds bad, but I really needed some new sandals and I waited for the nice sandals to go on sale at Scheel's. I also got a few goodies for planning at Michael's and Target. After a little nap I did a little more shopping online and got some goodies from XO Simply Kish and Crafty PlannerAddict. I couldn't resist!! Especially with all of the Labor Day sales going on! So I won't be spending very much money over the next week or two haha.

The weekend ended on Sunday with french toast made by dad for breakfast, some planning for a new week, and cleaning up Burt's tank.

And here's some pictures from the weekend:

Weekend Wrap Up No. 09 courtneylthings.blogspot.com
Weekend Wrap Up No. 09 courtneylthings.blogspot.com
Weekend Wrap Up No. 09 courtneylthings.blogspot.com
Weekend Wrap Up No. 09 courtneylthings.blogspot.com
Weekend Wrap Up No. 09 courtneylthings.blogspot.com
Weekend Wrap Up No. 09 courtneylthings.blogspot.com
Weekend Wrap Up No. 09 courtneylthings.blogspot.com
Weekend Wrap Up No. 09 courtneylthings.blogspot.com


If you want to keep up with my blog posts and what I'm up to throughout the week you can follow me  on Twitter,  Bloglovin, and Instagram.

How was your weekend? Did you get any shopping in over the long weekend?


Check out the Link Up page to see all the places this post has been!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog! I remember my college years like it was yesterday! Ha!
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Courtney! Would you mind shooting me an email (I can't find an email address for you) because I would like to nominate you for the Liebster Award and I want to email you the details to see if you would be interested. Thank you! The photo above of all that washi tape makes me want to go to Michaels and buy more even though I have way more than enough :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much! I don't have my email on here - I'll have to add it :)

      Delete