Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Versatile Blogger Award

So, exciting news: I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award! I was nominated by a lovely girl, Jazmine, who I met during a blog chat on Twitter. Her blog is Happiness with a  Side of Tea where Jazmine writes about college and features lots of great guest posts (including some great outfit posts).


Versatile Blogger Award courtneylthings.blogspot.com



The Versatile Blogger Award rules are pretty simple:
  • Thank the person(s) who nominated you.
  • Include a link to their blog(s).
  • Write seven facts about yourself.
  • Nominate fifteen bloggers to pass the award along to.


7 Facts About Me:

  1. I just got my first pet (that's all mine to take care of) this summer. I have a western painted turtle named Burt. He is just about the cutest thing!
  2. I studied abroad in Costa Rica summer 2014. I lived with a host family and went to the Universidad Nacional in Heredia. It was my first time living in a city and I loved it. It's also nestled in the central valley and the mountains were only a short bus ride away, so I made sure to visit them a few times.
  3. I've been studying Spanish for 7+ years. I tried learning a little Spanish on my own during my middle school years and absolutely fell in love with it during high school. I had 2 teachers from Spain which made learning the language and the culture amazing. Now I'm studying to be a Spanish teacher (one year until I student teach)!
  4. I didn't know I could draw until high school. I'm not saying I had never drawn before, but I had never realized that I was good at it. My younger brother had always been the artist in the family, so I had never really tried to be. My freshman year of high school I took art just to fulfill my fine arts requirement, and discovered that I love  it. I love doodling, drawing, and painting. I found out I was actually pretty good at drawing people. Lesson being: you don't know if you're good at something until you try it.
  5. I’m a worrier. My worst habit is worrying. I worry about things before it happens (even if it's only a possibility). I worry about things being good enough (and if I'm good enough). I worry about grades, my friends, my family, me, my future, everything. But I've been working on it for a while and I've found that what helps me is to think about things rationally and give myself a pep talk, plan and make lists, and talk to friends or my mom about what I'm worried about. If you're honest with other people about it, you can learn how they've dealt with it or find out that it's actually totally normal to feel a certain way.
  6. I love conspiracy theories. If there is a conspiracy show on Netflix, I have to watch it. I love them. I don't necessarily believe in them (certainly not all of them), but it's interesting to think about things in a different way. I kind of enjoy having my beliefs challenged and questioning the validity of "facts" and things we know. Also, some of them are hilarious and I get a big kick out of it. Ancient Aliens? Oh yeah.
  7. I love learning. I spent some time this summer reading about philosophy - for fun. I'm usually the one in class who answers the teacher and asks questions. My favorite things to learn about are history, cultures, psychology, and languages.

So now that you know some fun, weird, and  interesting facts about myself, it's my turn to nominate a few bloggers!

I nominate...
Krystal   Little Beauty Bug
Vianca   Smiley Shares
Corin     Wonderland Paths
Emma    It's Emma Mack


Be sure to give these lovelies' blogs a look and leave them a comment or two! They're really some great bloggers :)


Can you relate to any of these things about me? Have you ever been nominated for a blogger award?

Related Posts: The Liebster Award, Blogiversary


6 comments:

  1. you have a turtle! so jealous. Conspiracy theories are so intriguing to me but also quite scary

    http://georgianicolaou.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have a little turtle and he's so cute!! I know, some conspiracy theories are pretty intense and scary

      Delete
  2. I'm definitely a worrier along with over analyzing everything. Such a bad combination but as you said being honest with people or writing your feelings out really help. It was nice getting to know you better!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved getting to know you better with your post too and thanks again for nominating me!!

      Delete
  3. I am definitely a learner and worrier too. Glad I'm not the only one who gives myself pep talks and answers all the questions! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It's always good to know you're not the only one who does those things :)

      Delete