Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Movie Night Ideas

Everyone loves a night in, but who says nights in have to be spent all alone? Invite some friends over, get some snacks ready, and have a movie night! My friends and I generally prefer comedies, though sometimes we go for a suspense movie. These are a few of my favorite comedy movies to watch with friends.


3 Favorite Movies for Movie Night with Friends



My friends and I laugh so much whenever we watch this movie! Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy are both hilarious on their own, but together they are an absolute riot.

Quick synopsis: The Heat is follows an FBI agent, Ashburn (Bullock) who is very good at her job, but very difficult to get along with. She gets sent to a job in Boston where she meets Mullins (McCarthy) a local cop who is very difficult to get along with in her own way. They both learn to work together and take down the city's drug lord. 

Favorite Funny Line
Ashburn: They're spanx! They hold everything together.

Mullins: Why? What's gonna come popping out?



If you and your friends are ready to get in the Halloween spirit, this is the movie to watch. But really, you can watch it any time of year! I never get tired of watching this morbidly funny movie. It has some of the funniest lines.

Quick Synopsis: Gomez's accountant is in need of some money to pay of a loan shark. Taking advantage of the Addams' who are searching for the long lost Uncle Fester, he forms a con with his loan shark and her son. Together they try to pull one over on the Addams.

Favorite Funny Line
Margaret Alford: And what about you dear? Where's your costume?
Wednesday: This is my costume. I'm a homicidal maniac. They look just like everyone else. 


This movie may be over a decade old (I know, it's hard to believe), but it is still one of the best movies. Sports, feminism, and friendship - what more is there to life?

Quick Synopsis: Jess comes from a conservative Indian family living in London. Although she loves soccer, her family doesn't think it's proper for a girl to do. That doesn't stop Jess from playing in the park with friends, which is where she meets Jules. Jules convinces Jess to try out for the team Jules plays on and the girls quickly become friends as they're both dealing with families who disapprove of their playing sports. Of course their friendship gets messy with a cute coach, weddings and tournaments on the same day, and family troubles.

Favorite Funny Line
Wedding Guest: Lesbian? Her birthday's in March! I thought she was a Pisces.


What are your favorites to watch for a movie night with friends?

Related Post: DIY Popcorn Bar, My Favorite Animated Movies



8 comments:

  1. I love the movie The Heat so funny best part when she talks about the spanx.

    Awkwardgirlx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Bend It Like Beckham! Another one will probably have to be Pitch Perfect and Get Hard :)

    http://georgianicolaou.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have yet to see The Heat.Hmmm, when I was in college I cant remember specific movies because we would watch anything and everything. However we had a drive in close by so we would go there often. I do remember that we used to watch a lot of Good Eats, because well...Alton Brown. Now that I am living back at home, movies we can watch several movies over and over again but I think we could all agree on Pitch Perfect, and Bring it On.


    btw, We also like Bend it like Beckham, our favorite line is when they refer to "mosquito bites"

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Heat is one of my all-time favorite movies! I love Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy anyway, but together they are absolutely hilarious!!! I also love to watch Bullock in While You Were Sleeping--it's an oldie but a goodie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen any of those movies - with the exception of Gone Girl...it is one of my favorites! My husband and I actually went to the theaters having absolutely no expectations and we were happily surprised by all the twists and turns, a great pick for a movie night! Also, as you've shown in the picture...can't have a movie night without popcorn :) Thanks again for linking up at Welcome Home Wednesday!

    Sam // www.diyjustcuz.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are such fun suggestions for a movie night with friends! I've only seen The Heat but me and my sister were basically laughing for two hours straight!

    ReplyDelete