Saturday, September 5, 2015

How I Prep For A New Week

Everyone has their own routine for getting ready for a new week. Being the person I am, I try to do a few things over the weekend to get myself prepared for a new week.

How I Prep for a New Week


Meal plan and buy groceries for the week. When I meal plan I just write down several meals I'd like to make that week so when it's time to cook, I know what my options are. I take stock of what foods I already have and what I need to buy when making my list of meals and grocery list. I always go to the grocery store with a list of what to buy on the weekends so I don't forget anything and to prevent impulse purchases. I know the grocery store is busy on weekends, but I find it more convenient to do it on the weekend than during the week.


Get laundry and chores done. I don't know anyone who enjoys doing laundry, but it's something that's got to get done! I do mine over the weekend so it's one less thing I have to worry about doing during the week. I also try to tackle one cleaning project on the weekends like scrubbing down the kitchen or cleaning up my room - I'm known to let things pile up during the week. I also take care of any other chores that need done like vaccuming, taking the trash out, and washing dishes.

How I Prep for a New Week


Finish up class work. As a college student I have a seemingly never ending list of textbooks to read, assignments, tests to study for, and papers to write. Even though I work on this during the week, I use my weekends to catch up on class work if I've fallen behind, create summaries of notes, and (hopefully) get a head start for the upcoming week. I get stressed a little too easy, so doing a little extra work on the weekends helps me to feel a little more calm during the week and prevents me from having to pull all-nighters to cram the night before tests. Totally worth it.

Catch up on the news. The news can get pretty depressing, so I sometimes skip it during the week. I still want to be an informed citizen of the world, so I spend some time on weekend mornings catching up on the week's news. I prefer to just watch the news and enjoy hearing commentary on it (even though I wish they would just give me the facts and separate that from their opinions). Catching up on the weekends also means I don't have to watch as many fluff stories which is always a bonus.

Plan ahead for the upcoming week. Sunday evenings I write down a list of things I want/need to do that week, take a look at my planner and update it by adding any thing I forgot to write down or removing cancelled plans. I write down my to-do list for Monday in my bullet journal and decorate it with some washi, doodles, or stickers. I usually try to put a couple outfits together for the week to make getting ready in the mornings just that much easier. I also make sure my backpack is ready to go with all my class essentials and fully stocked with pencil lead and enough paper to get me through a week of note taking.

How I Prep for a New Week


Enjoy some me time. This is SO important for the weekends. I can easily fill my days during the week with classes, studying, errands, meetings, and other things I have to do. Even though I try to keep my evenings free, it doesn't always happen. That's why I really value my time on the weekends to do what I want to do. I'll get an art or craft project done, call home, spend time with friends, go to a store, take a walk outside, journal, read some stuff online, or enjoy a movie or tv show marathon. Part of prepping for a new week is getting yourself refreshed and ready to take on the new week! Some weeks I even try to get everything important done on Saturday so Sunday can be spent focused on getting myself energized.


What do you do to get ready for a new week? Are you going to add any of these things to your weekend routine?



11 comments:

  1. I am definitely going to be adding more me time to my weekend! I often get so caught up in other things you listed, like homework and chores, that I forget to relax. The weekend recharge is definitely necessary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's so easy to just focus on those other things! Even just an hour or two of me time can make a big difference.

      Delete
  2. You're super organised haha! I always prepare a day before and make a list of all the things I need to do the next day. But I admire how you plan ahead a week <3
    Rose
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Even planning just for the next day can make you feel more prepared for a new week.

      Delete
  3. That's a great point about the news! I find it so terrible and depressing anymore that it's just easier to stick my head in the sand. But if you just check it one day per week, you'll still get all of the biggest stories without having to hear about every detail (that they got wrong because they were so hasty and later had to retract anyway).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's true, too! Checking it once a week is a little better than just sticking your head in the sand :)

      Delete
  4. I do so much school related stuff in the weekend. That way I don't have to do a lot during the week. I like to have my evenings to myself so I can watch a movie, read a book, or game a little. Go out maybe ;)

    xx Izzy | Qthee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same! I'd rather be able to relax after classes and enjoy my evenings. Getting a few things done on the weekend really helps to make the week days less stressful and a little more fun :)

      Delete
  5. Great organization makes for a great week! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always make sure to get some school work done on weekends too because I know that I won't have as much time during the week. Being able to have some me time is extremely important to me as well because it means I can catch up on TV shows and blogs or work on my own posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having that me time is so good on the weekends and helps you feel ready to take on a new week, especially when you know some of that work is already out of the way.

      Delete