Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Easy Ways to Decorate for Fall

I've already gone on about some of my favorite things about fall, but I left out one little thing - decorating for fall! I'm slowly building up a collection of fall decorations. I of course wanted to share with you lovelies a few of the ways that I decorate for fall on a budget!

4 easy ways to decorate for fall



Desk Corner

I've shown some of the ways I decorate my little desk corner in the past. Basically, I have this white mug and black frame I purchased from Dollar Tree, and every month or holiday, I switch up what I'm decorating these items with. For fall I got a cute orange ribbon to tie around the mug and I cut a little triangle into each end of the ribbon for a little extra flair. I found some super pretty fall stickers at Walmart so I used those to create a "wreath" around my handlettered "OtoƱo" (which means "fall/autumn" in Spanish). I'm quite the fan of this little set up.


Easy Ways to Decorate for Fall
Easy Ways to Decorate for Fall



Candles

I recently became a lover of candles. I don't know how I lived without a huge selection of them! I've mostly collected fruity summer scents, but I'm excited to start buying a few more fall scents. I have Falling Leaves from Sonoma which smells AMAZING. I'm looking to get an apple, a pumpkin pie, and a vanilla scent, too.


Pumpkins

What's more fall like than pumpkins? Of course you can always decorate with real pumpkins, but there's also a lot of cute pumpkin figurines to decorate with. I found the two light/bright orange pumpkin figurines at an antique store, and the dark orange pumpkin from Dollar Tree. I love these little guys! 


Easy Ways to Decorate for Fall
Easy Ways to Decorate for Fall

Candy

What candy is better too keep on hand in fall than some candy corn! I thought it would be a good idea to display in a glass bowl.  I'm going to be honest, I don't like candy corn. But it's such a fall candy (and super cheap!), so I just went ahead and bought some. Hopefully my friends will like it. :) I put all these together on a little white tray I bought, so I have a cute little pop of fall on my table.



How do you decorate for fall? What's your favorite scent for fall?

13 comments:

  1. I love the stickers in the photo frame.. what a good idea! lovely post :) xx

    www.lpagebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've enjoyed making cute little things for the frame throughout the seasons. It's a great, simple little craft project.

      Delete
  2. I was thinking of a mason jar instead of a mug to use for our office, but I would have never thought of the pictures with the stickers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes mason jars are always a good idea! I'm always open to any excuse to buy cute stickers :)

      Delete
  3. So cute! I actually took pictures today of my fall decor to put on my blog soon! ;) Great minds think alike!
    -L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do! I'll be waiting to see how you decorated for fall and leave you a comment!

      Delete
  4. Everything is so adorable! I go a bit crazy decorating and basically buy anything Halloween related I can get my hands on :') x

    Jordan | Keep Dreaming ♡

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the orange ribbon you tied around that mug. It's so simple, but so CUTE.

    xx Izzy | Qthee

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post literally made me so happy. I adore fall posts so much, and love to hear people talking about anything even mildly autumnal. I personally love pumpkin scents, one of my favourites has got to be pumpkin apple! xxx
    www.essibell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these ideas and so easy to do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes simplicity is bliss! I also absolutely hate candy corn, but you're right, they are super cheap and resonate particularly with Fall. I really love what you did with the framed image - I like that it says "Otono" and not just Fall, very original! I'm always looking for little touches to do on a budget - I don't really have the money or TIME to get thousands of things up for each Season (with the exception of Christmas of course) so these small touches are great inspiration. Thanks for link up with us at Welcome Home Wednesday, stop by again and link up another great post :)

    Sam // www.diyjustcuz.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these little cute ideas! Simple but makes such a difference!

    - Seri
    www.Serisblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like simple but cute. I'm not very likely to go all out, but I still want my apartment to feel homey and these things just help to add that extra touch.

      Delete