Saturday, September 26, 2015

DIY Popcorn Bar

Earlier this month I shared some of my movie recommendations for a movie night with friends, so I figured this week I would show you a way to make your movie night extra special with a popcorn bar!

DIY Popcorn Bar - Fun foods to add into your popcorn


Besides your basic ingredient - popcorn - you should have some bowls out with a few fun foods to add in. Here's a few things I like to add in.

  • M&Ms
  • Marshmallows 
  • Gummies
  • Chocolate Chips
  • Peanut Butter Chips
  • (Frosted) Pretzels
  • Favorite candy 
  • Popcorn Seasonings
  • Raisins
  • Trail Mix
  • Peanuts
  • Melted Peanut Butter

The marshmallows are my personal favorite. They go perfectly with popcorn since the marshmallows add a little sweetness and a different texture to the snack. I absolutely love it.

I think candy is the best thing to add to popcorn when having a movie night with friends - I mean everyone likes candy! You could even ask everyone to bring a bag or box of their favorite candy. You'll get some help paying for the popcorn bar and you  might even learn something new about your friends!


Have you ever created a popcorn bar? What's your favorite thing to add in to your popcorn?


9 comments:

  1. How cute!! I would never thought of mixing popcorn with chocolate or sweets!! Must try it soon!
    Lauren xx
    www.teastainedlauren.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is the best! Even for just a little snack :)

      Delete
  2. I love melting peanut butter all over popcorn. So good and definitely worth a try!

    Awkwardgirlx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, that sounds sooooo good!! I've never heard of that before but I'm going to have to give it a try!!

      Delete
  3. I'll have to try the marshmallows with popcorn. I have done popcorn bars before, but never quite like this. We'll have to do this for our next movie night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll love it! It's the perfect combination. Hope you have a great movie night soon :)

      Delete
  4. I love this! So cute! We eat popcorn like there is no tomorrow in my house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Popcorn is such a good snack. These just make it a little extra special (and yummy).

      Delete
  5. This looks like something my little ones would love to do! Anything with popcorn and they are all over it. Thank you for sharing and linking up with us over at the Welcome Home Wednesdays Link Party!

    ReplyDelete