Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Thrifting Finds

I always enjoy seeing what sort of amazing finds people score at thrift shops, so I thought this would be a fun post to write and share with all of you. I sometimes dread the extra stops around town or think I'd prefer something new, but there's a certain charm these objects hold. These are some of my favorite thrifted treasures.

Thrifting Finds courtneylthings.blogspot.com


Spanish Plates
This set of plates from Hotel Reina Cristina in Spain were such a great find. I absolutely love the sayings on them and I like imagining the story behind them. How did these darling plates cross an entire ocean and have a continent?

Thrifting Finds courtneylthings.blogspot.com


Cozy Sweater
I found this in the men's section and I have to say it is the coziest sweater I've ever owned. I'm always interested in wearing more muted toned shirts so I can pair it with any jewelry or pattern, so this was a perfect buy for me. I kind of like imagining this poor guy being forced to part with his favorite sweater because it's "too old" only for it to find its way in to the closet of a 20 year old girl.

Thrifting Finds courtneylthings.blogspot.com


Books
I love reading, but books are expensive and it takes me forever to read one for fun in college. Buying books that have already been loved makes it a lot cheaper to grow my collection of books. I've found some books in Spanish, a book of poetry from around the world, and even the wonderful Maya Angelou (who throws out one of her books?!?).

Thrifting Finds courtneylthings.blogspot.com


Owls
I started a collection of owls in high school and some of the most unique ones in my collection have been found at thrift shops and flea markets. They just have a little extra character that adds to their charm.

Thrifting Finds courtneylthings.blogspot.com


Do you enjoy thrifting? What's your favorite things to shop for secondhand? 

Check out the Link Up page to see all the places this post has been!

8 comments:

  1. I love thrifting. I treasure hunt for things to repurpose for my home and my etsy shop. I get so excited when I find something beautiful and perfect for a project that I have in mind. I try to keep a list of things I am specifically trying to find...but I often forget the list and still come home with lots of treasures. I love your adorable owls :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard to stay focused on a shopping list, because you never know what you'll find! That sounds like such a fun shop to run :)

      Delete
  2. I love thrift stores, that is actually where I get most of my clothes from. I love all of your cute finds! Especially the plates with Spanish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were such a surprise! My favorite is "Don dinero es gran caballero." I find it so funny

      Delete
    2. they are all funny in a cute way.

      Delete
    3. they are all funny in a cute way.

      Delete
  3. I love thrifting! Your finds are great...love the owls! I have a growing collection of them myself!!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so fun to collect! You can find so many different styles - from cutesy to rustic.

      Delete