Saturday, August 29, 2015

20 Photo Prop Ideas

It seems like everyone styles their photos these days. From bloggers to Instagramers, who doesn't want their photos to look pretty? Here are a few props you can use to add that extra touch to your next photo.


20 Photo Prop Ideas from Courtney's Little Things


  1. Candles.
  2. Sprinkles.
  3. Flowers.
  4. Cell phone.
  5. iPad.
  6. Books.
  7. Small figurines.
  8. Confetti.
  9. Notepads.
  10. Word rocks.
  11. Pens or pencils.
  12. Green plants.
  13. Magazines.
  14. Laptop.
  15. Headphones.
  16. Pretty bottles of lotion.
  17. Perfume bottles.
  18. Coffee mugs.
  19. Candy: M&Ms, holiday candy, jelly beans.
  20. Tools you used to create a DIY project.
  21. Notebooks or journals.
  22. School supplies like a calculator, backpack, or textbook.
  23. Pretty cards.
  24. Project life cards.
  25. DVDs.


Did this list give you any new ideas? What's your favorite prop to use in photos?


Check out the Link Up page to see all the places this post has been!

15 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea! I always get stuck on props and just end up using the same flowers, my go to is lavender xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's so easy to just use the same things. Luckily, lavender is always pretty :)

      Delete
  2. This was so helpful! I always try to style my pictures but never know what props to use. I love the idea of confetti and perfume bottles

    -Nicole
    Meet Me in Midtown

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad this helped you! Perfume bottles are always so pretty and I love using them.

      Delete
  3. Right now I keep on adding roses. We have couple of dozens different shades in our garden... :)
    Great list, I've just bought some small crystals of different colours.

    www.yellenah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is definitely a pro of having your own garden - free flowers!

      Delete
  4. I love this! I was looking for something like this the other day! :)
    xoxo, L
    littlebitsoflacey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I first started blogging I used only white backgrounds which would wash my photos out, definitely incorporating more props in the background these days. :-)


    Beauty Isles | An Island Girl's Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Props can be such fun in photos. We appreciate you sharing this list with us at the Merry Monday party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a handy post! I really need to up my photography game. I love using fresh flowers but that can get expensive. I try and use candles and gift wrap from Paperchase as a background.

    Roxie x
    The Beautiful Bluebird

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gift wrap is a great idea for backgrounds! I usually use poster board and blankets.

      Delete
  8. Succulents and candles are my go to props, also amigurumis can be great. Thanks for a post to remind me to get out of my comfort zone/love Ida

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to look up amigurumis and was so excited to finally find out what those little crochet figures are called!! There's so many cute ones that they definitely would make great props :)

      Delete