Wednesday, July 1, 2015

July DIY

With summer here in full swing, I figured it was time to update my desk decor to match the season. I swapped out the garden theme decorations I had on my desk for a July print I made and an updated quote for my pen mug.

July DIY


DIY July Print

The July print was fun and easy to make. All you need is:
  • Washi tape
  • Scissors
  • 1 piece of Cardstock (makes 2 3x4 prints)
  • Paper cutter (optional)
  • Frame


First cut the cardstock paper to the size of the frame (ex. 3x4) with the paper cutter or scissors, then it's time to washi. I decide to do a diagonal theme for my first July print with some star washi and red polka dot washi, both from Walmart.


July DIY


I kept the center of it blank and used a permanent marker to write July in my nicest cursive handwriting. I went over it several times to get a thicker line that looks (a little) like calligraphy. 

July DIY


I liked making this print so much that I decided to make a second one. Same process, except this time I covered the whole page in washi and used a scrap piece of cardstock to write July on.

July DIY


And here's the final product for the prints:

July DIY


Cute, right? 

DIY Pen Mug

Incase you haven't already tried to Sharpie a mug before, it's super simple and all you need is a permanent marker(s) and a white mug. The mug is a plain white mug I bought at Dollar Tree, so this craft can literally be a $1 project. 

All you do is take a permanent marker and write a quote - like "Peace, Love, S'mores" - and you're done. If you want it to be a more permanent design, you're supposed to bake it, but I enjoy being able to wipe the mug clean with a wet wipe and write a new quote on it whenever I like, so I just Sharpie it and place my pens in it.

Here's the final product with the mug and framed July print:



Do you have any DIYs on your blog for July? I'd love to check them out.


Twitter     Instagram     Bloglovin     Pinterest

2 comments: