Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Mother's Day Gift Ideas


Mother's Day is just around the corner. I always try to create a good sized list of possible gifts for my mom because her birthday is on the 20th of May, and because I always buy extra gifts for my siblings who tend to wait until the absolute last minute and don't have time to run to the store.






Gifts to buy

- A nice stationary set. My mom is always using list pads and sticky notes, so I found a super cute set of notepads for her.
- Flowers. My mom loves gardening so I can always grab some flowers for her to add to her garden or....
- Gardening tools. Since she does lots of gardening, she could always use a new set of shovels or gardening gloves. You can also make this into a super cute gift basket in a flower pot.
- Fabric. My mom's hobby is quilting. Fabric can be extensive ($40 for a jelly roll), but you can get a charm pack (ie a set of pre-cut squares for quilting) for as little as $10.
- Gift basket. I think it's so fun to put together a gift basket because you can put in a little bit of everything. Last year I gave my mom an "Orange you glad you're my mom" basket and everything in it was orange. 

Gifts to make

Bake her favorite sweet. Moms like to have food made for them, whether it be brownies, cake, or cookies (family recipes are always best).
A book of all the reasons why she's the best mom. You can either design pages on the computer and print it out, or get a small notebook and decorate it with scrapbook paper, washi tape, stickers, and journal cards. Either way, it will be a very thoughtful gift.







P.S. You can buy Mother's Day cards for $1 at Dollar Tree and they're super cute and adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment