Saturday, April 4, 2015

5 Ways to Simplify

Simplifying is wonderful and makes life a thousand times easier. I've been trying to simplify my wardrobe and my life the last few months, so I thought I would share 5 easy ways to simplify with all of you.




Make a life binder to simplify papers.  I enjoy journaling, doodling, making lists, and planning. Sometimes this means I have 5 different notebooks and lots of random papers. This year I've been creating my own life binder in which I have different sections for schedules, homework for the week, lists, journal pages, and random things I want to hang on to. It really helps to keep everything together!

Only buy what you love. It's easy to go shopping or even make a quick run to the store and pick up random tidbits. Having a closet full of clothes can be more of a problem then a dream come true if you don't even like or feel good in half your clothes.

Say no. This is one I struggle with, but I try to remind myself often of it. It's perfectly okay to say "No." You don't even have to explain yourself or give an excuse. It's okay to say no to volunteer work, organizational roles, study groups, and even friends or family.

 Limit your time online/on social media. Time doesn't exist online. I can go on Pinterest to look for a craft idea I pinned a day ago and end up on there for 2 hours without feeling like even 15 minutes have passed. Set a time limit for how much time you can spend online. It will make you more aware of where you spend your time online and stop you from wasting your day away on the web instead of experiencing real life.

Let go. If you never use something or hate wearing it, let it go. Donate clothes, sell them at a garage sale or to a second hand store, pass them on to a friend or relative who could use them, or just throw it away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment