Saturday, January 17, 2015

Home Tour: Sitting Room

Who doesn't love a good home tour? For the first home tour on Courtney's Little Things, we're visiting the sitting room at my mom's house. It's the first room you enter when you walk into the house, so this room really feels like home to me.









My mom inherited her affinity for collecting seashells from her grandma, so we not only have a collection of seashells spanning 90 years, we have a whole other collection spanning my mom's life, too. I really like the seashells because it's a great way to commemorate your trips to the beach and they make for great decorating and lots of different craft projects.












I really like how my mom mixes the new and old with her quilt display. The monogram pillow and Christmas quilt are her own creations and they look great mixed in with the old quilt and antique trunk (which doubles as storage).

















Hope you enjoyed the tour!

No comments:

Post a Comment