Saturday, January 3, 2015

Goals for 2015

It's a new year and that means its time for new goals. I don't usually refer to my goals for the year as New Year's resolutions. It seems like New Year's resolutions are written down once, put in a folder, and never seen again. I'm a big believer in goals and having something to work towards, so I always have goals for the day, week, month, season, and indeed the year. For 2015, I have 5 main goals for the year (and none of them are to drop 20 pounds).



Focus on the positive. Life can be messy and at times not very pretty. It can be easy to see all of the bad in your life instead of looking around and finding the everyday beautiful moments. This year I'm making the decision to focus on the positive and find the beauty in the everyday moments of life.


Stress less, smile more. I get stressed and anxious all the time. I let myself get worked up about little things and obsess over them. My goal is to just let things go and trust that everything will work out in the end.

Be content and spend less. I have so much stuff! I have boxes and boxes of stuff and it's an ever growing stash.  As a professional college student with no steady income, I also have an ever shrinking bank account. This year I'm going to use and repurpose what I have, be happy with and value what I have already, and spend less money.

Study French. I took French I and II last year, but I've really let it slide. One of the goals on my bucket list is to speak three languages, so I'm going to study the French I've already learned and build on it. At the end of the year, my goal is to have at least 10 pages of notes on French.

Write daily in a diary. I've been keeping diaries off and on since I was in first grade. I bought a planner this year specifically to write little things that happen throughout the year and write little mini journal entries. I want a diary full of memories at the end of 2015.

What are your goals for 2015?

No comments:

Post a Comment