It's time to start getting ready to head back to college again. Winter break has been so refreshing and I've really enjoyed my time away from all the stresses and the busy lifestyle of college, so leaving is a little bittersweet for me. I am ready to go back to my own apartment and see my friends again, though.
Before heading back there's always a billion things to do, so I made this list to simplify it.
- Take care of any appointments you need. Sore back? Make an appointment with the chiropractor. Need to get a cavity filled? See the dentist.
- Make a schedule. Stay on track this semester by making a schedule with workouts and study time included.
- Write a shopping list for when you get back. You'll need to buy groceries again and probably a few necessities for your apartment or upcoming semester of classes. Writing a list now makes it so much easier once you arrive back at your other home.
- Clean up. Straighten up your room, vacuum the floor, and make the bed with fresh sheets so you can come home to a tidy room on the weekends.
- Do laundry. Wash, dry, fold, and put away your laundry.
- Decide what to take with you. Chances are you brought a ton of stuff with you home, and you have a ton of stuff to bring back to college. Don't just throw everything into a suitcase, though. This is a great chance to evaluate what you need and don't need at college, simplifying the moving process and later on the organization and cleanup.
- Pack up. Suitcases, duffel bags, totes, boxes, and laundry baskets.
Back at Campus
- Unpack, organize, and clean up. Unpack those bags and get settled once again in your college home. With no classes (yet), now is the time to re-organize and change a few things around the apartment.
- Go shopping. Remember that list you made earlier? Now it's time to get all those groceries, living essentials, and class necessities.
- Put your school bag together. A new semester and new school supplies! Get all those new notebooks, binders, folders, pens, pencils, and highlighters ready to go in your school bag so you can just grab it and go to your first day of classes.
- Scope out a good study spot. Take a walk around campus and find a good place to study this semester.
- Meet up with friends. If you're like me, you and your friends are scattered all over so you haven't seen each other in weeks. Grab dinner together and catch up on everyone's winter break activities.
- Get a good night's sleep. The first step towards acing this semester is getting a good night's sleep so you can go to your first day of classes ready to pay attention and take notes. Gotta stay on that study grind!
What's on your back to school checklist?