Wednesday, January 14, 2015

5 Ways to Get Organized this Semester

A new semester: clean notebook paper, a new planner, and a brand new course load to take on. I always try to get more organized each semester, and this one is no different. Here's 5 ways I'm staying organized with classes and life this semester.




Life Binder 
This year I'm trying something new and making a life binder. It's in the beginning stages so I'm sure it will evolve a lot over the next few months. It currently holds 2 daily schedules for my Monday/Wednesdays/Fridays and Tuesdays/Thursdays. I also have a weekend checklist and a dashboard with sticky notes and a couple notecards. The rest of it is currently pretty lined paper, but I'm sure it will get used up quickly.




Class Homework Schedule
I normally just use a notebook, but this year I've whipped up a pretty little academic planner page in my GoogleDrive. I put the week at the top and a quote below it. I write down the homework assignments for each class and I have a top 3 priorities section so I can remember what's most important for the week. To keep my school life extra organized, I have a place to write down dates of upcoming exams, papers, and projects and any extra notes I may have.



Make To-Do Lists 
I love lists, especially to-do lists. I love checking things off and keeping track of what I've accomplished throughout the day. I make a to-do list every night for the following day. I try to limit it to about 5 things, but with school it easily gets stretched to about 8-10 things.



Keep a Clean Desk
This can be difficult to do all the time since things get thrown on the desk or you have a busy week so you let the cleaning slide. Keeping a clean desk makes life SO much easier though. It gives you a clean place to study and think. A tidy desk, a tidy mind!



Get Notes Ready Before Class 
Having a basic outline for notes makes it so much easier to keep up in class and have notes that actually make sense later. For my heading I usually write down the class name, what exam the information will be on, and the subject for the day. I use a different color for the subheadings in the notes so I can easily find information later. I also enjoy a few good doodles to visualize the info.




That's how I'm getting organized this semester. What are you doing to get organized this semester?

1 comment:

  1. I miss going to school. :)
    I wan't that much organized as a student and I wish I was. It really helps save time and makes studying a breeze.

    ReplyDelete