Saturday, January 31, 2015

2015 Goals Update




Focus on the positive. I feel like I've been a lot more positive this month. When I have felt the negativity coming in, I make it a point to connect with someone whether it be by texting or calling a family member, spending time with a roommate, or hanging out with friends. I'm also trying to make time for myself so I can get a break from school, which definitely helps as well.



Be content and spend less. This can be kind of difficult to measure, but I've spent less money this month than I have in the past 5 months that I've been keeping record of my spending. When I do want to buy things, I look for a similar item I could use and I make sure I have a real idea of how I'm going to use it and why I want it.


Stress less, smile more. I still get stressed and anxious. What's different is that I'm either talking to myself the way I would talk to a friend, or going to hang out with someone. Being social is a really good thing for staying positive (as long as it's the right people) and stressing less. It's something that I have to work on sometimes, because I can get into studyaholic mode or introvert mode and start thinking that spending time with people is just a hassle or extra thing on my to-do list.



Study French. I've studied French once. Oops! But I have been reading more in French by following boards on Pinterest with French quotes and reading through social media posts in French. I was originally trying to do French Fridays, but it seems like Fridays I'm either driving home to my family or exhausted from the week. I might try it on Saturdays instead since I feel less rushed those days.



Write daily in a diary. The planner journal has been working great! I haven't missed a day yet this year. I don't always write in it every day, but I do write about every day. I'm also loving all the stickers I'm decorating it with.

How are you coming along with your New Year's goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment