Saturday, December 20, 2014

A Walk Down el Paso de los Recuerdos



This summer I Spent 6 weeks studying abroad in Heredia, Costa Rica at la Universidad Nacional. I did an intensive language program through ISEP. I had so much fun, learned lots, and felt really inspired by all the nature, people, and lifestyle there - Pura Vida!




I visited Monte de la Cruz several times. It was one of my favorite places. It's super close to San Rafael de Heredia (where I lived), inexpensive, and just beautiful. There's lots of space to hike and explore the woods and the most amazing lookout point of el valle central.





Another place I loved was La Paz Waterfall Gardens. It's a huge area that houses lots of wildlife, has walkways through the forest, and of course waterfalls.




We visited a shop that makes and sells hand painted carretera art work. It was so cool to see people painting these beautiful pieces and how these intricate works of art slowly come together.





I planned a trip to Volcan Poas with help from my host mom for me and some of my friends there. We got there just in time to see the volcano before the clouds covered it up, hiked all over, visited the lake, and had a fun hike down the mountain.




Of course, we also hit the beach since half of us were from the midwest and we had a few beach lovers from the coast, too. We did a weekend trip to the Carribean side and visited Cahuita and Puerto Viejo.





Another really cool part of my time in Costa Rica is that I was there during the World Cup so I got to experience all of the craziness of a winning team in a country that loves soccer.




Have you ever studied abroad or been to Costa Rica? What was your experience like?

No comments:

Post a Comment